• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Digital speedo - How to change speed readout from MPH to KPH?

If it's not showing up, take it in and let them hook it up to the GDS and check the settings. If it's not toggled on they can do so from the GDS. This will be the easiest way. I can give you the specific menu on the Instrument Cluster Menu.

Give me a bit and I'll photograph the steps to get there. :)

Please do, thanks.

This is really odd. I know other models have it enabled, so it seemed to make sense that ours would do it too. Like I said mine never had it and I think it’s a similar age to @Danscfc (I picked it up May 2018). I wonder if it’s buried in the car set up stuff, like the SLIF and for some reason it was left on? If that’s the case, they can easily turn it back on.

Out of interest Emma was it something that you looked for and couldn't find in the early days of owning or just something that you have checked and don't have now?
Curious if all cars didn't have it back in 2018 & maybe it was left on by accident, why they'd choose to switch it off though I do not know.

Out of interest Emma was it something that you looked for and couldn't find in the early days of owning or just something that you have checked and don't have now?
Curious if all cars didn't have it back in 2018 & maybe it was left on by accident, why they'd choose to switch it off though I do not know.

Early days. I picked my car up and two weeks later drove to Ireland so looked for the kph setting then. I vaguely remember at the time googling it and other models having it, so expected ours to as well. I ended up ringing the local garage and they went through the car they had and couldn't find it in any of the settings etc. I definitely didn't have it in the settings menu. When it went in for it's first service, the garage went though it all again, but this time they turned the SLIF on for me, and that converts the kph signs to mph which worked enough so I just left it as they said it wasn't possible.

Maybe a software update changes all the settings again and they have to manually go back in and turn it on? I'm totally guessing with that, though.

If it's not showing up, take it in and let them hook it up to the GDS and check the settings. If it's not toggled on they can do so from the GDS. This will be the easiest way. I can give you the specific menu on the Instrument Cluster Menu.

Did you manage to get those pics in the end mate? Going for my second service and will try get the dealer to look into this again.

I know I'm a little late here, but I'm having this exact issue. Am I able to get the GDS software on my own or will a dealership be willing to do it?