• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Dash/cluster update?

Qwik30

Nthusiast
Aug 13, 2022
Caboolture, QLD, 4510
Apologies in advance if this has been discussed... but I've tried searching everywhere and can't find an answer..
Will there be an update for the i30n's instrument cluster - similar to that of the i20n or sedan n.. (all digital, track maps and timers etc etc...)

Curious - but I'm guessing there will be no further changes, updates / upgrades for the hatch as it seems to be getting axed . 😔

One of the main reasons I bought the i30N was for the largely analogue dash.

Hate to say it but when you get older the digital dash is terrible on the eyes.

Center infotainment system is fine and the Nav etc being digital is fine but love the old school dash.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for a Series III version of the i30N, they may have an outgoing special edition but the timeline now of 1st July 2025 for Euro 7 is to close, especially as its taking 12 months to fill existing orders.

Hey , thanks for the reply mate 🙂

I thought as much, I was just hanging onto hope for the digital cluster and the techy gadgets in car, since the dash is already in the other N vehicles, they would finally add I to the hatch, which coincidely I have on order and it due july/august this year 😆🤞🤞
(Even at my age I would still rather squint a little just for the techy stuff lol)

How fun would it be to pull up to any track in Oz and watch your lap/sector times - without having to buy a whole other device 😁 --- aaannnddd it looks so 👌👌👌

Yeah mine is expected in May.

Anything is possible but I really doubt it will get to a Series III.

Hey , thanks for the reply mate 🙂

I thought as much, I was just hanging onto hope for the digital cluster and the techy gadgets in car, since the dash is already in the other N vehicles, they would finally add I to the hatch, which coincidely I have on order and it due july/august this year 😆🤞🤞
(Even at my age I would still rather squint a little just for the techy stuff lol)

How fun would it be to pull up to any track in Oz and watch your lap/sector times - without having to buy a whole other device 😁 --- aaannnddd it looks so 👌👌👌
There is a lap timer thing on n mode settings on the infotainment screen and comes up in the central screen on the dash? You just start and stop it manually I think

I used to have a little 10Hz GPS unit that you could stick on the dash that connects to the phone via Bluetooth and I just ran a free track app. You just let it know the position of the start line and away you go.

A typical GPS is only 1Hz so its a bit slow at 1 update per second so you need 10 updates a second.

I guess they are but there is a slight problem @Bu11eT mentioned in another thread. That he got his cluster swaped and that the odomoter isn´t read from the ecu. This means that the odometer will not show the correct distance the car already made

Reactions: Bu11eT
I guess they are but there is a slight problem @Bu11eT mentioned in another thread. That he got his cluster swaped and that the odomoter isn´t read from the ecu. This means that the odometer will not show the correct distance the car already made
That sort of thing can usually be coded by a professional automotive electrician.