• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

Yes that will be the one,

They have put light weight track alloys on, different suspension.

Not sure about the exhaust tone though? Maybe that's a recent thing.

Personally I can see some reputable performance garage coming up with the software map before HMUK do.

Dan
Like the sound of that, although it’s a definite warranty void I’m guessing
 
  • Like
Reactions: CleanSlate
Any remap not endorsed by Hyundai will be a warranty void if an engine or drive train problem results because of it.. .That's surely the point of a plug and play "box"... It can be removed before it's returned. . It would then be up to Hyundai to prove its installation... Which would be difficult.. Unless there is a parameter log installed in the Engine management system.. .and even then still difficult with no physical evidence showing as i mentioned somewhere else.

Am i right in saying that the 275bhp is only produced in the 20sec over boost situation and 250bhp available at all times.

If so.. could this possibly be why the figures are showing as they are on the graph!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_bush27
Any remap not endorsed by Hyundai will be a warranty void if an engine or drive train problem results because of it.. .That's surely the point of a plug and play "box"... It can be removed before it's returned. . It would then be up to Hyundai to prove its installation... Which would be difficult.. Unless there is a parameter log installed in the Engine management system.. .and even then still difficult with no physical evidence showing as i mentioned somewhere else.

Am i right in saying that the 275bhp is only produced in the 20sec over boost situation and 250bhp available at all times.

If so.. could this possibly be why the figures are showing as they are on the graph!

It's only the torque that increases on overboost to a maximum of 378nM as far as I know.

Not the bhp.
 
Update from dte, I’ve recieved the readings from their dyno run on the car they developed the box on...feedback was they also had perfect conditions on the dyno,102 octane fuel and the car was dynod as a 4wd car? Don’t understand the last part nor why my trace dies off to nothing after 5000rpm and theirs didn’t, but it seems no update on the map
 
Is there a 4wd drive car available yet then! .... 102 octane not available here... And what do they mean by perfect conditions .. Extremely high density air conditions... .
What a load of Bullsh"t. . .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Crocoman
Is there a 4wd drive car available yet then! .... 102 octane not available here... And what do they mean by perfect conditions .. Extremely high density air conditions... .
What a load of Bullsh"t. . .

I know. 102 octane? So unachievable conditions in the Uk market. But yet they sell the box here with quoted gains far in excess (although still relatively modest compared with others) of what can be achieved?

We aren’t stupid. If a box says up to 313bhp from 271 then I know I’d be happy with around 300. I’m sure most other people would be the same.Same with torque.

These figures are nowhere near the published gains....
 
Update from dte, I’ve recieved the readings from their dyno run on the car they developed the box on...feedback was they also had perfect conditions on the dyno,102 octane fuel and the car was dynod as a 4wd car? Don’t understand the last part nor why my trace dies off to nothing after 5000rpm and theirs didn’t, but it seems no update on the map

What are DT-UK prepared to do? Anything such as refund or further investigation....
 
It's only the torque that increases on overboost to a maximum of 378nM as far as I know.

Not the bhp.
Yes... Your right.. 7% increase in torque for 20 secs... And 272 bhp available at all times .. .That's my theory out of the window then .
 
What are DT-UK prepared to do? Anything such as refund or further investigation....
Tbh I don’t think a lot, i was told to trust my bum in seat rather than dyno figures

Dte guy from the factory said in his email he wasn’t prepared to change the map
 
So a small update...here’s my graph showing stock then box
2hr2xpl.jpg


And the graph I got sent from dte of the car they developed the box on
301g3ms.jpg


Not great with German but I think I can work out the stock and box traces and they are rather different (mine / theirs)
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Daniel Hall
I’m starting to sound like a parrot but these things are utter rubbish... there’s a reason a guy I used years ago for a RR day had a bin full of them that he took off when showing customers what a real remap would do.

That’s a complete disgrace from the company if it didn’t state 102 fuel was used... tbh I still don’t believe their shit because that’s still nowhere near what it claimed and just the difference in fuels wouldn’t cause that!

Like I said before, you can make a dyno read whatever you want!
 
I’m starting to sound like a parrot but these things are utter rubbish... there’s a reason a guy I used years ago for a RR day had a bin full of them that he took off when showing customers what a real remap would do.

That’s a complete disgrace from the company if it didn’t state 102 fuel was used... tbh I still don’t believe their shit because that’s still nowhere near what it claimed and just the difference in fuels wouldn’t cause that!

Like I said before, you can make a dyno read whatever you want!

You’re not mate. We’re all just trying to help each other make informed choices about our pride and joy.

Every story or experience will help in some way. I genuinely just more confused with the stock results. My car was absolutely flying today. I mean flying.

It had so much more to give as well and all my readings after it were showing peak torque, at the same time as peak bhp and around 16psi boost.
 
You’re not mate. We’re all just trying to help each other make informed choices about our pride and joy.

Every story or experience will help in some way. I genuinely just more confused with the stock results. My car was absolutely flying today. I mean flying.

It had so much more to give as well and all my readings after it were showing peak torque, at the same time as peak bhp and around 16psi boost.

The peak power and torque will always show full when the car is fine and you are flying. I’m sure as will Dan’s even with the box unplugged. There is no real way for the car to calculate what power it’s actually producing.

Mine was on it for the one overtake I did today haha!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Crocoman
These boxes obviously give some increase in power and torque... As I'm sure that Dan and Crocoman are not lying when they say that there is a noticeable difference in the performance of there vehicles after fitting them.... But according to the figures on yesterday's dyno run .. far short of claims given.
A few more dyno runs will be needed to give a more conclusive reading i feel .
I shall be fitting mine within the next week or so.... As long I feel a positive effect of increased torque.. that will be fine for me... When a Hyundai endorsed remap appears that doesn't effect warranty...i will take a look at that... But that's a long way off yet i think.
 
Always be weary of any final print out that was not run in shootout mode, look for the green box on final print out. The tuner cannot make up BS in this mode the dyno is locked and more then likely true.

Would not touch DTE with a barge poll, not because their box is shite like all the others but that a poor response and complete fob off in my book. I get you may not be asked to take further but that a poor show from them
 
These boxes obviously give some increase in power and torque... As I'm sure that Dan and Crocoman are not lying when they say that there is a noticeable difference in the performance of there vehicles after fitting them.... But according to the figures on yesterday's dyno run .. far short of claims given.
A few more dyno runs will be needed to give a more conclusive reading i feel .
I shall be fitting mine within the next week or so.... As long I feel a positive effect of increased torque.. that will be fine for me... When a Hyundai endorsed remap appears that doesn't effect warranty...i will take a look at that... But that's a long way off yet i think.
Exactly the same.....this will do for now, when/of the remap appears....the box may come off and I’ll go down that road
 
Always be weary of any final print out that was not run in shootout mode, look for the green box on final print out. The tuner cannot make up BS in this mode the dyno is locked and more then likely true.

Would not touch DTE with a barge poll, not because their box is shite like all the others but that a poor response and complete fob off in my book. I get you may not be asked to take further but that a poor show from them

I agree with you on the response from DTE (in Germany). I’m most disappointed with that. DT-UK are in the middle and I’m sure won’t be happy at the response from the manufacturer.

I must be honest, Racechip (another company whom manufacture their own box) were second to none on their technical support and comms. Even although they’re based outside the UK.

Really work with you to ensure your expectations are matched.

Fortunately our car is rapid. I mean, I was in a situation today where if the car was going any faster, I’d be mince meat.

Anyway, I still do believe once we have more Dyno results and other members on here posting, we’ll have greater knowledge and understanding of this car and what works (and what doesn’t). Etc
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_bush27
Final point on this from me just now -

You can become obsessed on numbers to the point where it spoils your enjoyment of the car.

This car is an absolute blast and if mine feels like 255bhp then so be it! It’s a hell of a machine! (But it’s not, and the Dyno was wrong!!:p)