• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

Seems low at stock .. even though its power at the wheels .. What about the torque reading!
 
Bit of a disappointment in every aspect,
Car stock 255.6 bhp
Box sport map plus3 265.1 boho

Car has done 1350 miles
Always run on v power

I see my point on tuning boxes still stands... all that cash for a bodged 10bhp isn’t really worth the risk or money in my opinion.

That said, my car feels like it’s getting quicker and quicker (still under 3k miles I think haven’t driven it in days due to illness) so might be worth down jog again later.

What you also have to remember is that dyno’s can vary and the operator can make them read whatever they want.
 
Aye, I would scrap that Dyno in the ‘shoddy’ bin.

These readings are at odds with what we are feeling this car perform. As Paul says, this car is quicker with very 1000 miles that are put on it.

Not to worry.
 
2hr2xpl.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: jwa
Aye, I would scrap that Dyno in the ‘shoddy’ bin.

These readings are at odds with what we are feeling this car perform. As Paul says, this car is quicker with very 1000 miles that are put on it.

Not to worry.
Yes i agree . Those figures seem way too low on both stock bhp and box .. I would seriously doubt the validity of that particular dyno flywheel readings..
 
  • Like
Reactions: ellroy
Yea I’m hoping that’s exactly what it is, although he told me it’s the latest digital dyno software etc etc very accurate etc etc but I was shocked at the stock reading! Even still...let’s say it’s off and reading low...the box isn’t near the claimed 38bhp gain at just 9.5bhp

The gain we must feel from these boxes are the torque which does represent about a gain in about 35-40 ftlbs
 
Indeed . 35-40ft lbs of torque is decent but don’t claim 30-40bhp if you can’t produce it??

Why publish these figures as people nowadays stick their cars on Dynos as a matter of course.

It defo needs a few cars on different dynos to get an accurate picture.

I might phone the one that is in Hillington....
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_bush27
Indeed . 35-40ft lbs of torque is decent but don’t claim 30-40bhp if you can’t produce it??

Why publish these figures as people nowadays stick their cars on Dynos as a matter of course.

It defo needs a few cars on different dynos to get an accurate picture.

I might phone the one that is in Hillington....
Think this is what we need to do, a few different runs on different rollers. I’ve emailed Andrew at dtuk the sheet and he seemed concerned as it’s obviously not near what’s claimed
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nabster323
Think this is what we need to do, a few different runs on different rollers. I’ve emailed Andrew at dtuk the sheet and he seemed concerned as it’s obviously not near what’s claimed

Well that’s good isn’t it? Dt-uk are excellent and as I say, it’s easy enough to put a car on the rollers and check for yourself, so why publish these claims?

That’s what leads me to believe that you’ve had an off Dyno......
 
Plus, the initial reports (back at the turn of the year) that the stock car was running a good bit higher than the official figures....
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_bush27
Well that’s good isn’t it? Dt-uk are excellent and as I say, it’s easy enough to put a car on the rollers and check for yourself, so why publish these claims?

That’s what leads me to believe that you’ve had an off Dyno......
Very good service! As pointed out, the torque is as claimed but as agreed that doesn’t explain why the bhp is lower, we are obviously in discussion as to why the dyno showed the car at a lower bhp than stock and taking that into consideration aswell obviously but Andrew is straight on it and in contact with dte in Germany as we speak
 
WTF that is bad. Im more worried by the stock personally.

Yeah, forget about the tuning box. We’ll deal with that separately.

The stock is poor if correct - I was expecting 280odd if I’m being honest. It just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever for Hyundai to have their quoted power so off. None whatsoever.

That’s why I’m confident it’s the test that’s the issue here.
 
Makes you wonder if any of the CPU'S in our engines are actually working properly.. if these dyno figures are indeed correct. :eek::eek:;)
 
Makes you wonder if any of the CPU'S in our engines are actually working properly.. if these dyno figures are indeed correct. :eek::eek:;)

Well, I regularly get 380nm of torque and 270bhp according to the Performance computer on the car. That’s when I floor it through the gears when all is heated up and I check afterwards.

I don’t get ridiculous boost levels or torque/power for that matter. Just really what is quoted.....

Now, I know these gauges aren’t always 100% accurate and are perhaps gimmicky, but you get my point.;)