• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

Have done so with every new car I've owned.... Not saying its necessary... but my engineering side says .. .Any metal particles produced from the engine build and run-in period are best got rid of quickly.. however minute they may be.
 
How much is the oil change from the dealer £100? it will only strengthen any claim you may need in the future thats engine related showing you gave your engine the best possible change.....before bouncing it off the red line haha
 
Hyundai Australia gives a free service at 1500km - think this is enough? Or are you doing an earlier one on top of this?

Dan: the mods are perfect so far. Looking forward to the results from your run on the rollers
 
Hyundai Australia gives a free service at 1500km - think this is enough? Or are you doing an earlier one on top of this?

Dan: the mods are perfect so far. Looking forward to the results from your run on the rollers
1500km sounds perfect to me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CleanSlate
Hi Dan,

Some very nice and tasteful mods there, the Oil I promised you that you can have as a top up will arrive Wednesday this week so feel free to pop a grab it and grab a Larte from our cafe! While your at it ;-)

Dan
Did anything come of the official remaps Dan. I saw a you tube video with Hyundai and it was a flat no.
 
Did anything come of the official remaps Dan. I saw a you tube video with Hyundai and it was a flat no.
Hi,

The accessorie Manager for HMUK contacted me last week and said that there grey i30N at head office WILL BE visiting a reputable performance garage in there area within the next 2 weeks to have a play and to find out what they can do and what's it's limitations are then they will take it from there.

I will contact them again next week couple of weeks to find out.

Dan
 
Hi,

The accessorie Manager for HMUK contacted me last week and said that there grey i30N at head office WILL BE visiting a reputable performance garage in there area within the next 2 weeks to have a play and to find out what they can do and what's it's limitations are then they will take it from there.

I will contact them again next week couple of weeks to find out.

Dan
Good man
 
  • Like
Reactions: Daniel Hall
Hi,

The accessorie Manager for HMUK contacted me last week and said that there grey i30N at head office WILL BE visiting a reputable performance garage in there area within the next 2 weeks to have a play and to find out what they can do and what's it's limitations are then they will take it from there.

I will contact them again next week couple of weeks to find out.

Dan


Keep me posted...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Daniel Hall
Yes of course I will you all will be the 1st to know......im kinda hoping that someone comes up with a map before Hyundai....that would really apply the pressure or better that! make the N 320-330hp from the factory :)

Dan
 
This is an option on Dan's and on my "box" .. But i don't think it's necessary.

The throttle response on my Kia Pro Ceed GT wasn’t great. I had a DTE Pedal Box and the difference was amazing. Instant response in Sport and Sport plus modes.

It’s not something I think the I30N needs though. Due to the various customisation etc already built in. Plus response, imo, is how it should be anyway.
 
Yeah I popped into my local Hyundai dealership earlier where our very own Daniel hall works as I had the camera software updated, not sure on this 1000 mile oil change. I can imagine it certainly doesn’t hurt! But unsure if it’s really needed?

I’ve booked my car in for an oil and filter change - it’ll have around 1300 miles on the clock by the time it’s in (1st week in May).

My friend runs a performance garage (and also services/mot’s non-performance cars of course) and he stated that it was a good thing to do.
 
My dealer said a normal oil service after 15k km / 12 months is sufficient as the filter takes care of metal particles. I mean that's literally what they're supposed to do, right?
 
My dealer said a normal oil service after 15k km / 12 months is sufficient as the filter takes care of metal particles. I mean that's literally what they're supposed to do, right?

I certainly don’t think there’s any harm either way if you know what I mean.

I’m also not in the habit just throwing money away for no reason, but I’m happy to do this for this particular car, given some articles and testimonials etc
 
Yes... Of particular interest to me... Itching to get mine on.
 
Bit of a disappointment in every aspect,
Car stock 255.6 bhp
Box sport map plus3 265.1 boho

Car has done 1350 miles
Always run on v power