• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

Dan_bush27

Nthusiast
Mar 19, 2018
UK
youtube.com
Hi guys, been on the group now about 2 weeks ever since I done my deal on my N....can’t recommend Gennaro at Hyundai Portsmouth and the guys at Richmond Portsmouth enough! Especially our very own Daniel hall from this forum I had the pleasure and surprise of meeting the day I picked my car up!.....

So I have in the pipe line a few (in my opinion) tasteful mods and I do enjoy seeing a project thread so thought I’d start my own too

My car in the yard on my pre delivery apontment (fully equipped with wrongly spelt number plate)
pjx0.jpg

Browsing the forum I’ve stumbled across a few people’s ideas and I’ve seen that rear cluster led light upgrade is a bit of a hit so ordered myself, reverse lights, indicator leds and number plate leds....
2dhckg4.jpg

These were going to go in today aswell as abit of de badging of the “Hyundai” and “i30” on the rear tail gate, just leaving the N but weather has stopped play....ugh!
I will get this done over the weekend and do a few uploads, here’s an example stollen from another thread on here
3482a7k.jpg

A few more mods in the pipeline are, gloss black wrap the H in the front grille, DTUK/DTE tuning box (313bhp) with mobile mapping app, a cheekyly spaced shorter number plate for front and rear

I havnt got many pictures yet, especially good ones (just iPhone) due to 1 being to excited and just driving it and 2 the weather but here’s is a couple that I have captured
1zh2x3t.jpg

wilp9x.jpg

still some good pictures there, Im currently waiting for the indicator bulbs to come back into stock from classiccarleds as i did purchase others for mine but they came up with the error message and the hyperflash :( all my other bulbs are osram ones and all fine tho.

still some good pictures there, Im currently waiting for the indicator bulbs to come back into stock from classiccarleds as i did purchase others for mine but they came up with the error message and the hyperflash :( all my other bulbs are osram ones and all fine tho.
Yea I’m hoping these don’t throw up any codes or hyper flash. It said they wouldn’t in the description, we will see tomorrow when it will hopefully stop raining :rolleyes:

it will only throw up the message for the indicators i think as my reverse and numberplate bulbs seem fine. I only tried different to what others have bought due to them being sold out at the moment. Most say they may or may not throw up the error code depends on software i guess but seems it dont like other bulbs as indicators. Good luck with yours though.

Reactions: Dan_bush27
Keep us informed with the bulbs and where you purchased them from if all goes well.

It arrives a week tomorrow so will let you all know next weekend

Can you do some data logs via Dash Command when you have the box fitted and email them to me? Be interested to see just what they’ve done to get the power.

I’m very weary of these boxes as I’ve seen the alterations they do to get the increases.

it will only throw up the message for the indicators i think as my reverse and numberplate bulbs seem fine. I only tried different to what others have bought due to them being sold out at the moment. Most say they may or may not throw up the error code depends on software i guess but seems it dont like other bulbs as indicators. Good luck with yours though.

Classic cars are sold out of the correct Leds for the rear indicators. I though I had found the same ones on EBay and fitted them a few days ago. Unfortunately, they threw up an error on the dash and flashed really quickly.

Classic car Lights say they’ll have the correct one’s back in stock next week.

Reactions: Seai30n and Mingy
Can you do some data logs via Dash Command when you have the box fitted and email them to me? Be interested to see just what they’ve done to get the power.

I’m very weary of these boxes as I’ve seen the alterations they do to get the increases.
More than happy to, not quite sure how to do that though?

More than happy to, not quite sure how to do that though?

You would need a WiFi OBD reader and the Dash Command app assuming you are on Apple?

If not you’d need a Bluetooth OBD reader and an app on android called Torque Pro.

It’s no hassle I’ll probably go for a proper remap anyway!

Hi Dan, car looks sweet !!! I’ve seen the DTUK box advertised and be great to get your thoughts on difference it makes. I’ve ran a tdi tuning box past few years and had no issues on my st 180 or Audi tdi. The gains seem controlled and 313ps plus the torque would bring the i30N right in the mix with the mk7R, S3 Audi and Type R.......... enjoy the car mate :)

So bit of an up and down morning....out at the crack of dawn to change the lights over

Reverse lights....all in no problem and look great

Rear Plate bulbs....led board is to big to locate back into the housing unit so no good

Rear indicators....even though advertised as would work fine, error message and hyper flash :rolleyes:

Then on to the de badging....went very well and here’s a before

2hmn88n.jpg

Hyundai off

2vdk5cx.jpg

Finished product

sb66uu.jpg

Absolutely love the cleaner rear end look!

Current drive way....after being very “only German” I can’t help but see the light in non extra £ for every option!

11279ra.jpg

You would need a WiFi OBD reader and the Dash Command app assuming you are on Apple?

If not you’d need a Bluetooth OBD reader and an app on android called Torque Pro.

It’s no hassle I’ll probably go for a proper remap anyway!

I’ve started some logging this morning and will do various runs over the next few weeks to get a baseline.

That seems far easier than painting. What do you use, and how do you do it?