• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Cruise Control Discussion

Gizmo

Nthusiast
Dec 31, 2017
Essex
www.davegymer.org
Can the other UK owners confirm whether their cars have both or just cruise, please? Popped into the dealership today and they couldn't find any sign of a limiter either, just cruise, though the web site and online brochure both list the combination. Thanks!

Specifically, is it marked with just a little "speedo with arrow" icon or with the word "MODE" as well? And when you press it, does it just toggle cruise on/off or does it cycle through off/limiter/cruise.

What do you refer to as limiter and what do you refer to as cruise?

A limiter just stops you straying over the set speed (you can override it by going to full throttle). You can change gear and touch the brakes without disabling it.

Cruise just maintains a set speed. If you brake or disengage the clutch it becomes inactive and you have to manually set or resume it.

I've now got an email from Hyundai GB saying that it should definitely have a speed limiter, as described on page 5-86 of the handbook. I'd really appreciate another UK owner confirming whether they've got it or not.

I optimistically doubt it as long as it has the radar for it's use for emergency braking. I mean, that's what I hope - that it has the adaptive cruise control.

I optimistically doubt it as long as it has the radar for it's use for emergency braking. I mean, that's what I hope - that it has the adaptive cruise control.

The autonomous emergency braking is done using the same camera as the speed limit information system, lane departure warning etc. It's not radar based.

They've just taken it away to plug in the diagnostics whilst talking to Hyundai GB.

First time I've heard properly it from outside. There really is no mistaking that for anything else Hyundai have ever sold!

Reactions: B00n87
Well, just heard back from the dealership, and after much to-ing and fro-ing, Hyundai GB and confessed that the limiter was deleted from the UK spec and their marketing material is wrong. :( I'm going to see if I can squeeze some 'goodwill' out of them in compensation...

To be honest I can see why it's been deleted... you are the only person i've ever heard of that uses this feature haha! Get yourself a full tank out of them haha!

£60?! Free for me I’ve been told! :p:D

Aye, I know - I said retail;)

I’ve a set ordered with the dealer that are being added on to the price:(

On the plus side, my current insurer have said that due to the delay, there’s a good chance they will be able to quote me a figure for the N:)

Reactions: paul-h