• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

BT’s grey N

Bill Thomas

Mar 27, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Thought I’d take the plunge and grab one from the fleet. It’s been brutally treated - someone has taken it down an unmade road behind a truck at high speed and so every forward-facing surface including the windscreen is pockmarked to hell. Feels like the box has been abused too, synchro doesn’t feel quite right into second. Will get that looked at.

But, like a mangy mutt in a dog pound, this little creature has a heart of gold and is worth saving! With 3000km on the clock it’s far from new but it has great character and now it’s mine!

You Sydney guys will see it soon enough. I love it - very easy to use day to day and a lovely ride quality. Took it down the Old PCH on the weekend and if any machine of any kind has been down that stretch faster this month, I’ll eat my own face with a spoon.

Great car!! My kinda car. Strong-willed and highly capable mutt from the sales fleet pound. It’s found a loving home now. ;) :)

Attachments

• 8F324359-F507-4B7D-991F-5879904F8247.jpeg
    8F324359-F507-4B7D-991F-5879904F8247.jpeg
    722.5 KB · Views: 84
Thought I’d take the plunge and grab one from the fleet. It’s been brutally treated - someone has taken it down an unmade road behind a truck at high speed and so every forward-facing surface including the windscreen is pockmarked to hell. Feels like the box has been abused too, synchro doesn’t feel quite right into second. Will get that looked at.

But, like a mangy mutt in a dog pound, this little creature has a heart of gold and is worth saving! With 3000km on the clock it’s far from new but it has great character and now it’s mine!

You Sydney guys will see it soon enough. I love it - very easy to use day to day and a lovely ride quality. Took it down the Old PCH on the weekend and if any machine of any kind has been down that stretch faster this month, I’ll eat my own face with a spoon.

Great car!! My kinda car. Strong-willed and highly capable mutt from the sales fleet pound. It’s found a loving home now. ;) :)

I actually like this colour, probably my second favourite after Polar White.
Is it hard to keep clean though like black?

Reactions: Bill Thomas

That’s cool BT congrats , but I guess the pic of my car as your phone screen saver has gone:(

Reactions: Bill Thomas
I actually like this colour, probably my second favourite after Polar White.
Is it hard to keep clean though like black?
Seems to resist the dirt pretty well. Looks good in all light too, a very tough colour. But ultimately I think I’d choose blue or white if I was taking one from new. Or red. Hmm. Tough one. Clean Slate is also a great colour and Black is super-tough. Haha.

Bill needs to buy a new one..... no doubt the journos completely destroy the press cars. I wouldn't buy a demo i30N, let alone an ex press car.

I pity the guy who buys that car next, now Bill has returned it.... Very lucky you had that option.

Bill needs to buy a new one..... no doubt the journos completely destroy the press cars. I wouldn't buy a demo i30N, let alone an ex press car.

I pity the guy who buys that car next, now Bill has returned it.... Very lucky you had that option.
Incorrect, Corsa. Press cars would be very good units to buy. I've bought a couple of them in my time in the UK as a journalist.

Remember that although they are driven hard by journalists, they are also serviced and checked all the time - thoroughly. You can imagine what a bad look it'd be if one of our cars ever had a problem with media? We prevent that by making sure the cars are perfect every time they are loaned to the press.

The car I had had been at various dealer training events and track days, and involved in car-to-car photography on a circuit that was 'green' and covered in grit. Hence the stone chips. Somewhere, somehow, it had had a very, very tough life. I've now rescued another one, in Clean Slate. It's a lot better.

Anyway, trust me Corsa, you are 180-degrees askew about the press cars. If I could grab one of those I would. I just can't, sadly, they are in pretty heavy demand! They are the best used-N buys of all.

Oh, and that Grey N will be refurbished and renewed before it is put back out for sale. I'll see to that personally.

BT