• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Vamptheghost

Jun 1, 2022
Cyprus
Hello to everyone,

I was considering to upgrade my blow off valve and I don't know which brand is better. I was thinking the forge bov or the turbosmart.

Thanks in advance

This is what I’m running in by 2022 i30n

I have no tune in my car and i was wondering if i made it atmospheric i will not get turbo lag? I was read that i will get also a little lag of throttle response

It won’t matter if it’s atmospheric or diverted. Most of time so called lag, comes from the fly by wire throttle. This can be over come by installation of a pedal tuner.

However, generally it’s addressed thru the modify ECU tune. Unless it is, you’ll only get about 95% TB opening at WOT.

With the size of the OEM turbocharger utilized there will be minimal lag even with a modified tune.👍🇺🇸

Reactions: YNWaN
I have no tune in my car and i was wondering if i made it atmospheric i will not get turbo lag? I was read that i will get also a little lag of throttle response
It’s more likely to increase turbo lag, at least when changing between gears. The whole point in recirculating the pressure is to keep spinning the turbo whilst the throttle is closed. If the pressure is really high, as in a modified tune with a larger turbo, then leaking some of the pressure to air may have an advantage, but it’s a balancing act. If you do want a blow off valve you need one that can be adjusted between recirculating and atmosphere - unless you just want the noise.

As noted in the previous post, the electronic throttle is intentionally detuned to make the car easier to drive and a pedal box will counter this.