• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

AEB Warning, FIX

Daniel Hall

Dec 18, 2017
Hi All,

Good news, got to work this morning and the Master tech approached me and said there is a fix now for the AEB Warning lights.

A simple software update which is NOW available!!!!

Software ROM ID was
95740-S0000_1.01

and is now

95740-S0000_1.02

It takes 20 mins to update software. Not sure when dealers will be contacting the customers but could get ahead of the game I guess.

Cheers
Dan

Good man!

Cheers for the heads up although it hasn't actually affected me haha.

Good man!

Cheers for the heads up although it hasn't actually affected me haha.

I was going to say the same thing but mine came on for the first time this morning but thats the only time its done it since owning it. Glad to hear that there is an update and therefore the problem can be solved.

Hi All,

Good news, got to work this morning and the Master tech approached me and said there is a fix now for the AEB Warning lights.

Software ROM ID was
95740-S0000_1.01

and is now

95740-S0000_1.02

It takes 20 mins to update software. Not sure when dealers will be contacting the customers but could get ahead of the game I guess.

Cheers
Dan
Interesting I will ask my dealer to do the update before I collect mine.

Does your master tech know anything more about the fuel pump issue i.e can he check which Vin's were affected?

Does your master tech know anything more about the fuel pump issue i.e can he check which Vin's were affected?

Let the fuel pump thing go Howy, what if yours turns out to be an affected car? What you gonna do then? Cause they aint gonna replace it if its not broken...

Reactions: Daniel Hall
Well I suppose if I could identify mine as having a 'known problem' then I could refuse to accept it until rectified but given that it is unlikely that Hyundai will divulge such info I guess I will have to take my chance just like everyone else.

He don't know of an issue's as of yet, or shall I say technical has not brought it to his attention as of yet. To be honest I don't think Hyundai know what it is yet or what is causing it, some on here have already said they have had a ECU replacement which solved it and others having the pump replaced which also solved it and some others are undergoing a software update at docks. We will know more as time goes on.

Or if I do then I'll place it on here asap!

Dan

He don't know of an issue's as of yet, or shall I say technical has not brought it to his attention as of yet. To be honest I don't think Hyundai know what it is yet or what is causing it, some on here have already said they have had a ECU replacement which solved it and others having the pump replaced which also solved it and some others are undergoing a software update at docks. We will know more as time goes on.

Dan
Thanks

Well I suppose if I could identify mine as having a 'known problem' then I could refuse to accept it until rectified but given that it is unlikely that Hyundai will divulge such info I guess I will have to take my chance just like everyone else.

Do you really want this car? If's and buts mate, reality is you are only putting a downer on it for yourself!

Dan

This ^^^^

There's a reasonably confident assessment in the Australian part of this forum that the fuel pump is a software issue see 'Problems with early i30 Ns?' My car is imminent and I will ask for any software updates to be done before I get it but it won't stop me picking it up. I'll have a 600 mile oil change done and ask again for any software updates but overall I'm not too concerned.

Brendan

Maybe I'll update mine while picking it up next week. Silly question, is there any way to update it on yourself? Haven't even experiences with hyundai updates, so that would be nice to know:)

Dan
Hi Daniel, the fix is an ECU replacement. So what I wrote in the Australian forum about it being a 'software issue' was only partly correct. It does require a new ECU unit.

I know that this is being done to Australian cars in the pre-delivery inspection, but you should contact your local market reps on what their plan is for replacement and the timing of it.

It's an extremely rare phenomenon, I'm told, and most units are perfectly fine, but of course this is no excuse! The fix has been identified and it will be sorted quickly.

Cheers, BT HMCA

Hi Daniel, the fix is an ECU replacement. So what I wrote in the Australian forum about it being a 'software issue' was only partly correct. It does require a new ECU unit.

I know that this is being done to Australian cars in the pre-delivery inspection, but you should contact your local market reps on what their plan is for replacement and the timing of it.

It's an extremely rare phenomenon, I'm told, and most units are perfectly fine, but of course this is no excuse! The fix has been identified and it will be sorted quickly.

Cheers, BT HMCA

For the AEB warning... Have you mixed this up with the fuel pump thread?

For the AEB warning... Have you mixed this up with the fuel pump thread?
Yeah, paul_h, I was responding to Brendan about the fuelling issue, not the AEB warning. That one I believe is a simple software fix, but I'm not fully across it. I'll keep an eye on these posts and try to assist when I can. Hopefully without getting my threads in a tangle! BT

Reactions: paul-h
Hi All,

Software ROM ID was
95740-S0000_1.01

and is now

95740-S0000_1.02

Cheers
Dan
Is it possible to do software updates yourself (with SD-card like VAG)?

Pretty usefull to have a Hyundai employee on here :D

Hi sandervdw,

No. As far as I know, you can't update any Hyundai vehicle software system yourself and I'd be surprised if VAG allow any customers to do that.

Your dealer will do it for you quickly and easily.

BT

well: https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

I'm guessing it might be only the infotainment system, but for this specific fix that also might be where the issue is? Or is this software in the ECU (or whatever the chipset for all non-infotainment systems is called)?

Any idea if it's available all over the world already?

Correct, sometimes we supply SD cards for map software updates etc. But never for stuff inside the car's ECU.

In the case of what's called the 'fuel pump issue' on these forums, an ECU unit change fixes it. Not sure about the AEB warning light thing, but if it's a software issue it's likely to be available globally, yeah, and something that any dealer can quickly update. I'll see if I can find out more. BT

Reactions: Mingy
I'm seeing the AEB error on almost every journey. Now that the winter salt is over we're getting plenty of bug splatter. Good to know that there's a fix, hoping that my local dealer will cooperate in getting the firmware updated.

Reactions: padigree