• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

10.25" Infotainment System (i20 Premium)

Toxic

Nthusiast
Oct 22, 2020
UK
Just thought I'd put this up here since no full review as yet of the i20N infotainment system

This is a review of the i20 Premium 1.0 T-GDI and its infotainment system which will be very similar to the i20N except its missing the N mode and Launch controls.

Enjoy.

Hi, does anyone know how to make the split screen of android auto work? or at least use all widescreen

I have activated the developer mode and set the resolution to 1080 but the second application still does not appear on the right side.

Mi car
JRcd2xI.png

Split screen working:
jMrQY1H.png

That's rubbish, Hyundai said 2021 would be when wireless compatibility would be standard

It appears Hyundai lied about it being standard - the 8" screen has wireless AA and Carplay however the 10.25" does not - yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: i20Owner and murx28
I dont think you can make AA/Carplay maps full screen. Probably the wrong ratio for a 10.25 screen perhaps being cloned from a phone.

My English is pretty bad, but I hope it will be understandable. I will take over my i20n at the end of September. All you need to know about the central system is that the 8-inch system works with wireless support, so I consider it much better than the 10.25 system. The 10.25 system has navigation and blulink but the advantage is also a disadvantage as it only works wired. The reason for this is apple carplay which is not allowed to be mirrored at a ratio of 10.25 due to the license, this is why connecting it to the phone with a wire only makes it 8 inches for you to project things on the rest of the screen. They said they will upgrade by the end of 2021, but will not be able to update due to a license issue. You won’t know why an 8-inch system is a better solution. Waze or google map is more serious navigation than hyundai internal navigation. It may be nicer at 10.25 but much worse because of the wire.

I have a CarPlay wireless dongle which does what I want, so hoping wireless dongle will work on the 10.25” screen which it should do.

I have a CarPlay wireless dongle which does what I want, so hoping wireless dongle will work on the 10.25” screen which it should do.
This is also a solution but this way you lose a usb port. 10.25 system does not know the wireless technology, so the extra cost is meaningless

Took collection of my I20N yesterday - does anybody no have to change / remove the constant MPG bar that displays at the bottom?

I've had a look in the manual and cannot find anything - only alternative is stick it in N mode 24/7....

Attachments

• IMG_5742.JPEG
    IMG_5742.JPEG
    615 KB · Views: 88
Took collection of my I20N yesterday - does anybody no have to change / remove the constant MPG bar that displays at the bottom?

I've had a look in the manual and cannot find anything - only alternative is stick it in N mode 24/7....
Pretty sure that that's a constant feature in all the modes other than N. :/

Old bikers trick...bit of electrical tape over it! 🤪

Reactions: i20N_Fran
Read something about Google releasing an update to Android Auto that would enable wide screen support, and also that Hyundai/Kia has released an update that allows just that. Does anyone know if it's already available and where to get it?
Thanks.

Read something about Google releasing an update to Android Auto that would enable wide screen support, and also that Hyundai/Kia has released an update that allows just that. Does anyone know if it's already available and where to get it?
Thanks.
I think Hyundai/Kia have released this update in the US and Korea, we're just waiting for the European version now.
At least that's what i've read on other forums.

Reactions: Abyss03 and Boxxer
I think Hyundai/Kia have released this update in the US and Korea, we're just waiting for the European version now.
At least that's what i've read on other forums.
Yeah I heard the same, waiting very impatiently as I want my fullscreen android auto and I'd use it all the time. As it is I only really use it when I need navigation, otherwise I use the built in maps as a visual