• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

StevenRoss

New Member
Sep 29, 2026
1
0
1
United States
I own and love a 1990 E30 M3. I need another car that carries more. The world needs evs, not fossil fuel cars. I want to lease an Ionic 5N. White on the outside and black inside. The problem is that it is too heavy, 1,500 pounds too heavy. For performance (so important)and of course range, it must be 1,500 pounds lighter. I assume Hyundai will use solid state batteries by 2029. That is why I want to lease instead of buy. If you buy, the car should depreciate a lot when solid state 5Ns become available. But Hyundai must do much more than switch to solid state batteries in order to lighten the Ionic 5N. 1,500 pound reduction should be the goal. I saw a Ioniq 5N at Pride Hyundai in Massachusetts. Gorgeous! Someone bought it before I could lease it. I tried, called every day, but the other person got it. Anyway, please post ideas how to get Hyundai to take off 1,500 pounds from the Ionic 5N.
 
Simply buy a Caterham Project V when available. If you want a light performance EV that is now available, have an eye on the MG4 X power.