• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Bedford autodrome noise limits

Seai30n

Nthusiast
Feb 5, 2018
Had a track day today and had to have the exhaust dialed down due to exceeding noise limit... just letting people know incase they're considering a track day there... still great fun to do and a real challenging track. Just would love to see the porsche 911, porsche Cayman, track spec'd bmws owner faces when they see a Hyundai fly past them...only car I couldn't keep up with was a tuned RS3. The i30n is a weapon on corners.

Had a track day today and had to have the exhaust dialed down due to exceeding noise limit... just letting people know incase they're considering a track day there... still great fun to do and a real challenging track. Just would love to see the porsche 911, porsche Cayman, track spec'd bmws owner faces when they see a Hyundai fly past them...only car I couldn't keep up with was a tuned RS3. The i30n is a weapon on corners.
How did they measure it? 5k revs? I’ve got a miltek exhaust and got a track day there on Saturday Bit concerning:p

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

Which track are they using on Bedford track days?

As much as I love my i30N, it has no chance against a newer BMW M-series or 911's. Not if they remotely try ;). But our car is extremely fun to drive on track anyhow.

Which track are they using on Bedford track days?

As much as I love my i30N, it has no chance against a newer BMW M-series or 911's. Not if they remotely try ;). But our car is extremely fun to drive on track anyhow.
I'm not sure what track they used but was in the rain so probably why I could beat the Porsche's....in the dry I think would be a different story. The BMW was a stripped out e36 race car which I out dragged on the main straight. Totally agree it's so much fun on a track and I'm dying to get it on Spa.

Reactions: Mightymoo
How did they measure it? 5k revs? I’ve got a miltek exhaust and got a track day there on Saturday Bit concerning:p
I was told to rev until 4500rpm, it was the pops and bangs then set alarms off. I put the exhaust in sport rather than sport+ and that was fine, I did push my luck on track and set it back to sport+ but they noticed and i got a warning.

I'm not sure what track they used but was in the rain so probably why I could beat the Porsche's....in the dry I think would be a different story. The BMW was a stripped out e36 race car which I out dragged on the main straight. Totally agree it's so much fun on a track and I'm dying to get it on Spa.

I understand now. A lot of the hardcore 911s and BMW are running Trofeo R, Cup 2 og similar which is not performing well in the wet, especially with RWD ;)

Spa looks great.