• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Mudflaps - yay or nay

Are mud flaps a good idea

  • Yay

    Votes: 95 62.9%
  • Nay

    Votes: 56 37.1%

  • Total voters
    151
Hard ones are there cos it can be done. Just get cheaper and softer ones with b logo. You can ask them to shorten it by 1 inch cos original length is too big and they scrape on every small curb or speed bumps
 
If you have a buffer with a polishing or very fine sanding wheel, hard flaps can be shortened quite easily. Trying to shorten the urethane flexible flaps, are quite difficult to cut and get right.

We have the urethane flexible flaps (Rally Armour) and you don't want to cut them, unless you have a band saw that will make a clean cut. :)
 
And one last question... Has anyone managed to order the Rally Armor N genuine Hyundai outside US or Canada? Perhaps at the dealership using the part number?...
I’m also Interested if anyone has managed to get the genuine set from Canada?

I need something for mine as it’s badly stonechipping the back of the Front wheel arch/wings.

does anyone have a photo of the rallyflapz are 1 inch shorter? Was it through rallyflapz direct that they organised this?
 
I can take a photo tomorrow morning.
While ordering from rallyflapz I just requested them to be 1 inch shorter
 
I've got the standard Rally Armor ones on my car and to be honest, I find them a little bit on the short side. Strange as the Rally Armor ones that I had on the Focus ST were way longer. Still better than nothing though.

The rallyflapz ones look a much better length going by the vid above.
 
Shortiez from Rally Flapz
Installed fronts few days ago, really easy just turn the wheel to access the spot, everything needed is in the package, looks good, dont scrape the speed bumps, firm but flexible enough for accidental hits, almost rubbery.
My side doors finally dont get mud all the way to the roof :)

 

Attachments

  • 20240423_135745.jpg
    20240423_135745.jpg
    810.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 20240423_140203.jpg
    20240423_140203.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20240424_134856_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_134856_Brave.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 52
Hey guys! I need these for my i20N but I don't know which one to choose... What do you think, the short ones are enough to protect the back of the car from mud? Or do I need the original rally style? My car looks like hell, can't see my license plate because of dust and mud 🤭 Thanks a lot!
 
These look and work great on our '24 EN
 
Hey guys! I need these for my i20N but I don't know which one to choose... What do you think, the short ones are enough to protect the back of the car from mud? Or do I need the original rally style? My car looks like hell, can't see my license plate because of dust and mud 🤭 Thanks a lot!
I have the rallyflapz (long ver.) on my i20N.
Honestly i expected it to be a bit more protective on the back, because dirt still comes up very easily, but rocks and that wont, so its more of a paint and body protection, rather than it is a dirt protection.
For the Plate there is still way too much comming from the middle of the car and the diffusor.
The front ones do a good job, there is way less dirt on the side of the car but still a noticable amount.

But i did it mostly because i really like the looks and a bit for the protection. so i would say, the long version if you want the looks and a bit dirt protection and stones etc., but nothing too special.
the short ones i think only if the long versions is too long for you but still want some paint and stone protection.
i cant tell how effective they are against mud but i would say even less effective than the long versions.
20241221_154638.jpg

20241221_154658_resized.jpg
 
I had the long ones on my i30n but found them too long as they kept grounding out so I went for the shorter ones a few years ago and I'm well pleased with them, just as much protection as the long ones, look better and don't ground out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lukiiipietitzymidzy
I had the long ones on my i30n but found them too long as they kept grounding out so I went for the shorter ones a few years ago and I'm well pleased with them, just as much protection as the long ones, look better and don't ground out.
Do you have lowering springs on it or is the i30N just in general lower, or the flaps longer?
On my i20N I never had Problem with ground clearance. They never touched the ground (no lowering springs)