• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brakes 345mm & 360mm brakes: chart with available brake pads / brakepads

jeroenvde

Well-Known Member
Nthusiast
Mar 27, 2018
1,163
1,196
113
Belgium
Hi guys,

So I was irritated by the fact there is no list of available brake pads for the i30N.
Plus finding part numbers and specs can be difficult. Therefore I decided to make a spreadsheet of whats available today.

Notice EBC pad specs are way to good to be true. Their colored product line (green, yellow, blue) outperforms their racepads (RP) temperature and friction wise... Also prices are cheap compared to more reputable brands. You decide yourself what that means. I colored them seperatly to not disturb the entire list.

If you like to add more pads, please provide me with the correct data

1689580399997.png


Kind regards,
Jeroen
 
Last edited:
Now we need such a list for the Performance model with 360mm discs. :p
 
  • Like
Reactions: jeroenvde
Although in German (the chart, the post can be switched to english), I just leave this table of good and bad brake pad combinations here:
It should speak for itself. Not really an addition to @jeroenvde 's post, but I guess it makes sense to have this in mind when looking for new pads :)



Kombinationstabelle_V3.jpg
 
@jeroenvde feel free to add the dba pads:


Street Series Performance (green) - DB15012SP - https://dbabrakes.eu/discbrakes/89958/DB15012SP - optimized up to 438C
Xtreme Performance (orange) - DB15012XP - https://dbabrakes.eu/discbrakes/89987/DB15012XP - optimized up to 550C

dba_pads_performance_graph.jpg


---

They also have something new coming:
Street Series Ceramic - DB15012SS - https://dbabrakes.eu/discbrakes/90586/DB15012SS
But I did not find any infos on max temps nor on the friction, though I expect it to be similar or even lower than the street performance stuff.
 
  • Like
Reactions: drehstrom
@Bu11eT It seems those DBA pads are not better, maybe even worse or same as the OEM pads regarding temp range. So I only added the XP pads wich are the worst on this list as you can see.

@drehstrom As it seems the Facelift 360mm discs use the same brakepads as the pre facelift model 345mm discs. Therefore I updated this topic and title.
 
Last edited:
@Bu11eT It seems those DBA pads are not better, maybe even worse or same as the OEM pads regarding temp range. So I only added the XP pads wich are the worst on this list as you can see.
yep, in terms of heat range they are not super good. I still dislike the way of comparing the differences from the manufacturers. The dba pads e.g. are only recommended to be used until 550C. But I doubt they will just stop functioning if the temps are higher. Super hard to compare the stuff :D
 
@EBC Brakes UK your input is wanted regarding the claimed pad temps of your different product lines. Seems like your cheaper "tuning" pads outperform your professional racing products line temperature and friction wise...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bu11eT
@EBC Brakes UK your input is wanted regarding the claimed pad temps of your different product lines. Seems like your cheaper "tuning" pads outperform your professional racing products line temperature and friction wise...
That graph is wrong.
This is straight from there website.
Yellowstuff is now no longer recommended for track use due to a change of compound.
Bluestuff and up only for track.
 

Attachments

  • compound-guide-min.jpeg
    compound-guide-min.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 95
That graph is wrong.
This is straight from there website.
Yellowstuff is now no longer recommended for track use due to a change of compound.
Bluestuff and up only for track.
those temp ranges seem way more logical to me! Was a bit confused as to why EBC was supposed to have 900C ratings on their pads and dba only 550C on their street/racing pads.