• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Headunit firmware & GPS navigation maps update

Did you just put the software on the SD card, or did you actually go into the software version menu on the head unit and press "update"?

Are you 100% sure you downloaded the correct version of the software.
I used original Hyundai update software. I downloaded the version for the Hyundai i30N 2017-2020. Software not worked. Then I downloaded from Slovak's forum the older update software for GEN5.xx Mobis head unit from 2021. I loaded to an SD card. And I tried to install. After inserting the SD card into the head unit, I got a message that navigation is not available. After entering the settings where the "Update" button is, I got a message: Insert the removable memory containing the update files and try again. I get the same message both in the case of the software downloaded by the Hyundai update application and files from the Slovak's forum. I don't understand why this is happening. It looks like my unit has some kind of blockage installing the update software. In engineering mode there are very few functions to enable such an option in dealer mode also there is no such function. I don't know what to do has anyone encountered this? Any ideas come to your mind?

Last edited:
Use the original SD card, other SD cards may cause issues with the headunit (it works for some people, but not for wall of them), check whether you have the right navigation software for your actual car and follow the instructions from the official hyundai update tool closely.

I just had mine updated from the dealer. But now can't see performance info like oil temp on the split screen and no option in the settings. Is this normal?

I used the fastest USB 3.0 and it approached an hour to update for me...

It also deleted all my customized settings, radio presets, navigation presets.. I actually doubt i'll do another update if that's what it will do every time.

I did this last week, agree on the timings, was approx. an hour. I have my profile setup and that remained, or what I have checked so far did. What i did notice is that it added a speed warning to the sat nav when driving and going over the road limit, easy to remove in the bluelink app (and expect on the head unit itself). But I liked that it added missing roads (including the one I live on), the unit on start up, now appears to be a little slower, but all in all, happy with the update and a lot easier than sitting in a dealers waiting for them to do it.

... it approached an hour to update for me... It also deleted all my customized settings
The website documentation does warn you about this as a possibility. I don't have stored radio stations so I never noticed it but, my profiles remained intact as did my POIs in the Satnav. The first update took me 45 minutes using a high speed XD card and the second, using a USB3 took only a little less. The update can be done whilst driving around and it completes when the engine is switched off. A chap reported in the KonaN forum that he started the update on the way to the supermarket and it was done by the time he came out with his weekly shop. Might be the way to do it rather than sat in the car for an hour like I was :rolleyes:

My old version was:
Software: PDEN.EUR.SOP.V085.180104.STD_M (version 85 from 04.01.2018)
Firmware: PDEN.EUR.267.171127.MICOM.DL (version 267 from 27.11.2017) aka very old!
Navigation: DAP.EUR.HMC.170905.2DC47DC (05.09.2017??) aka even older!
Maps: EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2(D.D1)
View attachment 9444
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Files below are:
Software: PDEN.EUR.SOP.V100.181004.STD_M (version 100 from 04.10.2018)
Firmware: PDEN.EUR.287.180914.MICOM.DL (version 287 from 14.09.2018)
Navigation: DAP.EUR.HMC.180928.B5C9193 (28.09.18)
Maps: EUR.11.41.46.704.201.2(D.E2)
View attachment 9445

So for me this update was a lot newer!

Gear you will need:
  • a computer with at least 50GB of free space
  • Winrar application
  • 1 empty SD card of 32GB formated as FAT32 (very important!) a micro SD with an adapter to normal SD size will also work, as long as it is formatted as FAT32. You could use the OEM maps SD card that came with the car after you backup it's content first on your computer.

Files you will need:
1. Hyundai_EU_All_Software_2019-1.2.rar (for the actual Firmware - and Software update)
2. Hyundai_Gen5.0_Mobis_Map_2019-1.rar (for the current navigation maps)

You can download the files from this site:

Time you will need:

Apart from downloading the files to your computer and extracting them, the updates in the car took me about 30 minutes.

let's get started!

Update Software, Firmware and Navigation;
  1. Download both .rar files on your computer.
  2. Extract both .rar files using Winrar to separate folder on your computer.
  3. Fast format your spare SD card to FAT32 (You could use the OEM maps SD card that came with the car after you backup it's content first on your computer.).
  4. Copy the content from Hyundai_EU_All_Software_2019-1.2 to your spare SD card (place files in the main root, for example F:\).
  5. Go to your car.
  6. Start the engine, wait for the infotainment to load completely.
  7. Eject the OEM Hyundai maps SD card (slot below the touchscreen). Keep it aside for later.
  8. Insert your spare SD card which contains the Hyundai_EU_All_Software_2019-1.2 files.
  9. The system will now popup a message "Press [OK] to update the software...PDEN.EUR.SOP.V100.181004.STD_M" View attachment 9435
  10. Press OK.
  11. The update will now perform. ~30min. The system will reboot a couple of times, this is normal. You don't have to do anything. If you want you can drive the car around, this is no problem.
  12. System will boot but will have no navigation maps (logical since we ejected the maps SD card).
That's it! Very easy
Software, Firmware and Navigation are now updated!

Only thing left to update are the navigation maps them self.

Update navigation maps
  1. Put the OEM Hyundai maps SD card in your computer.
  2. Backup all files from this SD card to your hard drive (place them somewhere safe just in case).
  3. Fast format your OEM Hyundai maps SD card to FAT32.
  4. Copy the content of Hyundai_Gen5.0_Mobis_Map_2019-1 to your OEM SD card (place files in the main root, for example F:\).
  5. Insert the OEM SD card in the car.
  6. The new GPS maps are automatically detected. This SD card needs to stay in the slot.
Done! :)

When all above steps are successful your info screen should look like this:
View attachment 9445

These fixes and new features I have noticed since the update:

Fader bug fix! No more resetting the fader from now on. The audio screen looks a bit different
View attachment 9440

New Live traffic button during navigation
View attachment 9443

New button to delete current track in the media player
View attachment 9438

Fuel price function in the information menu. Sort by distance or price!
View attachment 9439View attachment 9441

Parking prices function in the information menu. Choice between park on roadside or inside.
View attachment 9439View attachment 9442

All I can say is these updates are really easy and straight forwards. The new features are amazing and very useful. Good job Hyundai!

Source and credits to:

https://www.bolidenforum.de/forum/h...e-karten-update-download-2019-android-windows

EDIT 13th of November 2021:

Hyundai is now finally offering the update software for Europe as well.

Just head to their website and select the region you are in in the upper right corner. Download the update tool and use it to select the right software.

Greets,
Jeroen, Jajadu & the N-Cars crew.

In the first post you describe how to update the navigation using Hyundai_EU_All_Software_2019-1.2.rar. I have exactly the same software version in my navigation as you. My current software version is PDEN.EUR.SOP.V085.180104.STD_M.
I downloaded files from 2019, I made everything as described in the manual. After inserting the card into the SD slot and pressing the update button, the following message appears: "Insert the memory device that contains the update file and try again". Why can't I update the unit? I copied the files from .rar to the main directory of the card. When I downloaded the updates from 2021 and these The official from Hyundai official update website (2022) is the same. You have an idea why I can't update the navigation.
I changed cards to other cards, formatted fast, slowly to fat32,. I used original card, the same every time.: I can't update navi.
Help from Hyundai official update website informed me that my navigation never updated and therefore cannot update the unit. I don't understand any of this.

In the first post you describe how to update the navigation using Hyundai_EU_All_Software_2019-1.2.rar. I have exactly the same software version in my navigation as you. My current software version is PDEN.EUR.SOP.V085.180104.STD_M.
I downloaded files from 2019, I made everything as described in the manual. After inserting the card into the SD slot and pressing the update button, the following message appears: "Insert the memory device that contains the update file and try again". Why can't I update the unit? I copied the files from .rar to the main directory of the card. When I downloaded the updates from 2021 and these The official from Hyundai official update website (2022) is the same. You have an idea why I can't update the navigation.
I changed cards to other cards, formatted fast, slowly to fat32,. I used original card, the same every time.: I can't update navi.
Help from Hyundai official update website informed me that my navigation never updated and therefore cannot update the unit. I don't understand any of this.
1. Did you decompress the downloaded file. 2. Have you tried a USB thumb drive to save file to. 3. If you have already tried installing the update and it didn't work you will nmost likely need to see a local dealer.

As I wrote before I always use USB-stick. What I like is that the program format and download the software direct to the USB-stick in correct format. No format stick, unzip and copy paste. I don’t know if you can do it with SD-card.

Thread relocated from i30N How-to section (when that was the only N car available) to General N Car Discussion section and stickied + threads merged - so many N models now it's getting hard to keep up!

The fix is easy. Without AA plugged in/open, go into Settings -> Phone Connection and search for Android Auto, there's an option (2nd row) something about Use Split Screen, turn it off (disable it) and then connect the AA again and you should have AA with FS.

Also the FS is different than on Apple Carplay as it's not going to make Waze/Maps or anything else as a full screen, instead you will have two apps opened at the same time, the 2nd one being open at a smaller side on the right.
sadly this doesn't work on my FL that i received last week :/

Done the latest update on my facelift and have now found the split screen doesn't list things like engine and oil temp, any ideas on how to get it back?
I just had New Zealand Hyundai do the update for me during the service and I have noticed the same issue. Did you manage to get it sorted?

Thanks