• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N How fast is the DCT ? fast

I wonder if it got litle faster acceleration if you engaged NGS to? That surface seems a little slippery when braking.

Is anybody knows how much NM DCT can handle? There are VW tuners out there who reinforce DSG in Golf that can handle 480 and above horse power easily .
I know this is new transmission ,so maybe it will take some months before we see some tuners touch DCT.

Is anybody knows how much NM DCT can handle? There are VW tuners out there who reinforce DSG in Golf that can handle 480 and above horse power easily .
I know this is new transmission ,so maybe it will take some months before we see some tuners touch DCT.
The issue is not HP/KW, it's Torque you need to be concerned about.

It does indeed boogy, i just had a track day yesterday and ive matched my pb from my 370kw is200 that was running 265 square ar1s.
Im so impressed with this fat lil hatchback

Reactions: Bu11eT
It does indeed boogy, i just had a track day yesterday and ive matched my pb from my 370kw is200 that was running 265 square ar1s.
Nice one , well done . I ran at Phillip island yesterday and did a PB but it can still go quicker , so good getting back on Track hey.

Reactions: digitalpeer
Did the DCT get hot at all ? Mustang 10 spd autos hate being on Track and go into limp mode after a few laps. Did you run with your race seat again ? I think next year I will get a seat like you did.

Did the DCT get hot at all ? Mustang 10 spd autos hate being on Track and go into limp mode after a few laps. Did you run with your race seat again ? I think next year I will get a seat like you did.
Yes ran the Velo gp90 XL, DCT was so damn good…. Not a single issue and i was really leaning on it and the diff with 255 semi slicks

Reactions: alpiv64
I wonder how my 397bhp i30n DCT will fare in a few weeks when I take it to do a quarter mile. 13.6 is very respectable. Wonder how much less it will be.