• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i20N - Reviews, General Discussion & Info

Just checked. No parts missing, it is the same here. But I haven't felt any form of hot air on legs, and we were driving looooong times with shorts, so we would have recognized it at one point.
Next time you go for a drive, put your hand there and see if you can fill the heat coming please.
Thx for the reply.

So if you feel it’s too slow and it needs a remap, exhaust and intake too knock the ST off then why not just save yourself the hassle of doing all that and buy the Fiesta? If yr not impressed with the engine I don’t understand why you ordered one? Why not a i30N then?
To understand better check what they say and how they react on engine on those two clips ... 'engine internals feel heavy' ... 'more power more power'

This is exactly what I have experienced ...

Also what I dont understand is the choice of Hyundai to go for an engine compatible with 95ron fuel ... Who told them that whoever likes to order an use an N model will go to the dealer and first question would be 'what is the consumption per lt?' ... That was a clear fault

i20N review

i30N vs i20N

To understand better check what they say and how they react on engine on those two clips ... 'engine internals feel heavy' ... 'more power more power'

This is exactly what I have experienced ...

Also what I dont understand is the choice of Hyundai to go for an engine compatible with 95ron fuel ... Who told them that whoever likes to order an use an N model will go to the dealer and first question would be 'what is the consumption per lt?' ... That was a clear fault

i20N review

i30N vs i20N

The ron rating has little to no influence in fuel economy, so I don't think that was necessarily a bad choice.
From the owner manual:

"For the optimal vehicle performance, we recommend you use unleaded petrol which
has an octane rating of RON (Research Octane Number) 95 / AKI (Anti Knock Index) 91
or higher. You may use unleaded petrol with an octane rating of RON 91-94 / AKI 87-90
but it may result in slight performance reduction of the vehicle. (Do not use methanol
blended fuels)"

Reactions: Touge
You can use 95 octane fuel in the i20N, right? Revelation! I will stay with my favorite Shell V-power 95. I cannot afford V-power Racing 100 octane.

The ron rating has little to no influence in fuel economy, so I don't think that was necessarily a bad choice.
From the owner manual:

"For the optimal vehicle performance, we recommend you use unleaded petrol which
has an octane rating of RON (Research Octane Number) 95 / AKI (Anti Knock Index) 91
or higher. You may use unleaded petrol with an octane rating of RON 91-94 / AKI 87-90
but it may result in slight performance reduction of the vehicle. (Do not use methanol
blended fuels)"
Same lt/km but more expensive/lt ... Also the better the torque the less you press the acc pedal ... I have read the same and my choice is minimum 98ron maybe 100oct BP here in Schweiz

Agreed, although I am biased: I ordered a red one 😁
Good choice, I think it’s the red accents that’s ruining it for me with the other colours, I really wish Hyundai would move on from this, it cheapens the look of it, white would be really nice as well if they didn’t do that..

Good choice, I think it’s the red accents that’s ruining it for me with the other colours, I really wish Hyundai would move on from this, it cheapens the look of it, white would be really nice as well if they didn’t do that..

I like the red accents, but they could at least offer them as an option.

Reactions: Touge
Yes an option would be great, but I can understand why Hyundai don’t, probably too costly for them, I think I’m just getting older now so I like my cars a bit more understated that’s all, maybe a boring Golf is my next car? lol

I agree. Red accents should be optional.

The more I watch the tests, the more likely it is that I will abandon phantom black in favor of performance blue with a black roof.

Reactions: digitalpeer