• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Very important need help..

Samsondk

Jul 4, 2019
Danmark
Hey everybody

So My new 30n performance is not what it seems to be aparently
Model year 2018 was i paid for but the vin number show a different story 2017 model year... So My question is... Has the 18 model compared to the 17 some facelifts recalls fixes and so on... Dealer offered me to retun the car since he dossent have an 18 model
But are there Any difference besiddes lower value for an older model history .... Many thanks

17 model is just the first edition
18 model is the 109db with the round fuel cap
19 model is 91db with the square fuel cap
20 model is same like 19 model but with new wltp measurement methods (6d temp evap)

Last edited:
additional:
17' model has that "first edition Sticker" on the dashboard if it's one of the first 100.
also Hyundai says that there are 0,7 l/100km less fuel consumption? :eek:
18' model has auto headlamp leveling, changed MCU
19' model has manual headlamp leveling

additional:
17' model has that "first edition Sticker" on the dashboard if it's one of the first 100.
also Hyundai says that there are 0,7 l/100km less fuel consumption? :eek:
18' model has auto headlamp leveling, changed MCU
19' model has manual headlamp leveling
So this Mean that mine is an 18 anyway or?
I dont have this first EDC. Logo and what is, changed MCU?

18 model is the 109db with the round filler cap
19 model is 91db with the square filler cap
20 model is same like 19 model but with new wltap measurement methods (6d temp evap)
I see.. Strange that My vin number says 17 then.. Filler cap... Fuel or?

My VIN says 18 and I have the 19 model, so. Yeah, fuel. I'll change it in my first post.

20 model is same like 19 model but with new wltp measurement methods (6d temp evap)
Can we have that in English please, what the hell is wltp?

The VIN is not indicative of the model year. Only the year it was actually produced. Your's was probably one of the first quarter production models.

Production years, typically start in the last quarter of the previous year production. Manufacturers start new year production during the last quarter of the year. Which generally starts in October. This is why you can't order a new car for that model year in October.

Last edited:
That IS English :D wltp is the Worldwide (Harmonised) Light Vehicle Test Procedure.
It's the measurement of fuel consumption, co2 emissions, pollutant emissions.
Thanks for cleaning that up for me:)

Reactions: c4bl3
What do you mean by square filler cap do you mean the thing you have to push to open or the thing you undo to put the fuel in? I would of thought that would have to be round. my car has manual headlight adjustment and was registered at the end of June 2019 so I'm assuming it's a 19 model, you have confused me a bit.

What do you mean by square filler cap do you mean the thing you have to push to open or the thing you undo to put the fuel in? I would of thought that would have to be round. my car has manual headlight adjustment and was registered at the end of June 2019 so I'm assuming it's a 19 model, you have confused me a bit.

The thing you push to open I presume? I am now interested to find out as well lol

The thing you push to open I presume? I am now interested to find out as well lol
Have since done a bit of googling and it looks like the early cars have a round shape fuel filler COVER, yes the bit you push before you can put fuel in, he confused me a bit.

Reactions: iiNNEX
I have, square fuel door, manual headlamp adjust, 2018 build.
And sunglass holder.

Have since done a bit of googling and it looks like the early cars have a round shape fuel filler COVER, yes the bit you push before you can put fuel in, he confused me a bit.
Yeah sorry for confusing you. I meant the fuel filler COVER/DOOR whatsoever :)

Reactions: pillred
I don't know if it's important for someone, but there are 2 different versions with mounting points for this:

2019-11-14 07_25-Anhängerkupplung i30N.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader 2017.jpg

So the First Edition & MY18 have these:

asd.jpg