• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Engine i30N oil filter wrench recommendation.

Carlos

Nthusiast
Oct 9, 2022
New Zealand
Just wondering what oil filter wrench you would recommend.

Already got a couple for Suzuki, Toyota like the dedicated 14 flute types that fit a 3/8" wrench but the quality and fit varies. Got a genuine Suzuki one and just discovered it fits the bikes and the cars.

Also have the K&D 3 jaw type which is great for removing just about everything but its no help on refitting the filter and getting a 3/4 turn.

Usually you can get your hands on the filter an just get enough grip to do the 3/4" turn but had fun with a Suzuki Swift (forgot my proper tool) yesterday because the oil filter is right next to the CAT and downpipe so you wouldn't want to do it by hand until the engine cools off. Manage to burn my elbow getting the sump plug out when it briefly touched it.

Also confirmation that the Hyundai version is a 15 Flute 88.5 to 88.8mm.

Some are pressed steel and others are cast alloy, I suspect the following one on AliExpress is reasonable. Yeah they probably all "work" but some are a much better fit to the filter than others.

Basically it looks exactly the same as the ones sold on Amazon that are "Branded" for a higher price like "ARES" and "OEMTOOLS"

I WOULD SAY THIS IS DEFINATLY THE WRONG ONE FOR THE I30N. COMPATIBILITY NOTES ON EBAY FOR THIS ONE HAS DIFFERENT HYUNDAI CARS LISTED LIKE A V6 ETC.

Last edited:
I guess not many people change their own oil ?

I'm picking the OEM Hyundai i30N oil filter is 26300-35505 and its 15 flutes, which is a bit of a pain when it comes to measuring the filter/wrench across the flats.

Looks like its "80mm" so even allowing for the construction of the filter wrench in my original post, 88.8mm is probably no good.

Handy post on another Hyundai forum gives a few clues. The "904" size looks the go, fitment changes between cast alloy or a pressed steel version at "78-79mm". Probably an advantage if the wrench is a reasonable fit so the filter doesn't just fall out of it, don't really want to start putting bits of insulation tape in it.

Ordered one, will post how good the fitment is once it arrives and I grab a filter from Hyundai.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, looks the same as this one.

Ships worldwide.

I will put that one down to Plan B if mine turns out to be no good.

I always stick to the factory oil filter on everything I have ever owned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bu11eT
Good chance it fits, found this in the feedback.

D0xn2re.jpg

The best wrench is going to be the genuine Hyundai version part number HY092632E000 and thats clearly shown on an Australian Website. Looking at the price of our brake pads here I would probably order one of these with a set of performance Hyundai pads out of Australia.

Not available here it would seem,

Well the wrench arrived and the fit is perfect, don't even waste your time getting anything else for this price.

Fit is so good it holds the weight of the filter, which is what you really want rather than risk your filter that's full of oil dropping on the ground.

Interestingly the factory 26300 35505 filter says tighten to 4/5 of a turn which is a bit more than the usual 3/4 so that is basically impossible by hand looking at the limited access you have so its ideal for putting the filter on as well as getting it off.