• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

I30 N Brake Ducts

mongrel1

Apr 22, 2022
Australia
Hi all,

Driving home today a chunk of metal flicked up and hit the front of vents/brake ducts causing a crack.

Just wondering if this part can be replaced separately or does the whole bumper need to be replaced and does anyone have any idea how much it would cost?

Forgive the dust as I live in a country area.

Edit: Should add its a 2021 I30 N Hatch.

Tried calling Hyundai however they are closed due to a holiday weekend until Tuesday.20220422_172103.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: GazmaN
Hi all,

Driving home today a chunk of metal flicked up and hit the front of vents/brake ducts causing a crack.

Just wondering if this part can be replaced separately or does the whole bumper need to be replaced and does anyone have any idea how much it would cost?

Forgive the dust as I live in a country area.

Edit: Should add its a 2021 I30 N Hatch.

Tried calling Hyundai however they are closed due to a holiday weekend until Tues

Hey man, sorry to see this. Good news is that you're not up for a complete bumper replacement. See here the individual components of the bumper assembly - this is for the pre-facelift model but I'm assuming the facelift is very similar in the way it is screwed together. Looks like the bulk of the damage is confined to the equivalent of part 86525H on the diagram below and pretty sure I've heard that is around $300 - $400. Can't really tell if the brake duct itself is damaged, however it too is a separate component.

Hope you get this sorted with a minimum of fuss and would be good if you could report back once you do - you won't have been the first and certainly won't be the last to have suffered this fate. Good luck!

Front Bumper Assembly.jpg

Reactions: Bu11eT