• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Engine HPFP replacement price

Lightman

Nthusiast
May 20, 2018
Milan, Italy
Hello!

My i30N lost power and left my stranded in Arles (France) while on my way back to Italy from Spain (after running perfectly fine for 6000km in two weeks). Btw, the car has about 55000km, and is just a couple of months out of warranty (go figure).

Got towed to a local garage, and they just sent me a quote for 4750€ to change: the HPFP, fuel rail, HP sensor. The HPFP alone is quoted as costing 1925€, the fuel rail another 940€ and the HP sensor 630€.

Now, before giving them the go ahead, I would like to know if these prices makes sense to you all, because I never saw an HPFP cost more than a grand.

Having the car transported here would cost me around 1200-1300€ so even if the repair price is a bit overblown, I will probably hit the bullet, but if those prices are way higher than they should be, I will think about it and see if I can find any alternative.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hello,

I dont know the prices of the country where the repair shop is at, but it seems to be very overpriced. The Problem the car has is again just the HPFP. Not the Fuel rail or the sensor. Is this dealer where the car is standing at, a local Hyundai Dealer? If it is, there is maybe a chance to get a goodwill from Hyundai itself because its a common issue.

Original the pump cost this without taxes: 1693403779841.png

Aftermarket pumps are definitely more expensive but can hold the pumppressure above 380 Horsepower for example a Hyundai Motorsport TCR HFPF will cost arround 1.600€ with taxes. Still lower than your quoted price.

Mine failed about two years ago, replaced under warranty, at the time to buy one was a shade over £1500 sterling, ouch! They are in a silly place in these engines and fail quite a lot..