• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Exposed emergency key slot on i30N door handle

Maxrob200

Feb 18, 2022
Australia
This might sound silly but has anyone found a cap or stopper that will cover the exposed key slot on the driver side door handle. As there is keyless entry , i would have thiught that there would be a factory cover for it like in other cars from VW etc

This might sound silly but has anyone found a cap or stopper that will cover the exposed key slot on the driver side door handle. As there is keyless entry , i would have thiught that there would be a factory cover for it like in other cars from VW etc
No it doesn't sound silly, actually it's a good idea in my opinion.
I think you'll have to buy the door handle cover.

I just can't find the proper part number, because I'm noob. I think one of these:
82652G3030 L
82652G4040 L
82662G3020 R
82662G4010 R

It's complicated because the L and R depends on country, I mean Ozzyland and UK have the opposite driver side. If you order the EU part number to your driver side (L) that won't be holed because in EU the driver sits on the R side.
You have to order at the dealer/garage anyway, they will help with part# I think. And it will arrive as unpainted plastic, so you'll have to order a painting job to your car's body color.

No it doesn't sound silly, actually it's a good idea in my opinion.
I think you'll have to buy the door handle cover.

I just can't find the proper part number, because I'm noob. I think one of these:
82652G3030 L
82652G4040 L
82662G3020 R
82662G4010 R

It's complicated because the L and R depends on country, I mean Ozzyland and UK have the opposite driver side. If you order the EU part number to your driver side (L) that won't be holed because in EU the driver sits on the R side.
You have to order at the dealer/garage anyway, they will help with part# I think. And it will arrive as unpainted plastic, so you'll have to order a painting job to your car's body color.
Thank you for the info. Oz is right hand drive so driver door handle is the one with the key hole. I will ask the dealer to see if the parts are available and whether they will fit. It just looks ugly and all the N cars dont have a cover for the key hole - standard feature!