• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Battery coding required?

itzxsmithyy

Jan 30, 2022
Birmingham
Hi all,

The battery on my 2019 I30n is on its way out. Stop-start doesn't work and my alarm goes off anytime I lock the car without the physical key. Had it tested by my main dealer and found that a cell has failed and the battery can barely hold enough charge to start the car. Dealer wanted £350 for a new battery and I told them no way.

I'm about to order a new battery and I was planning on fitting it myself but my main question is does the battery need to be coded?

Thanks all! Battery replaced with no problems and now my stop-start is working perfectly and the alarm hasn't gone off yet! No coding needed at all.

I didn't even lose anything like the time or my memory seat positions!

Lovely!

Reactions: R Veloster N
I presume the i30N only has one battery ?

Pretty sure I recall the likes of the AMG A45S had a second SLA battery under one of the seats for emergency backup.

Thanks all! Battery replaced with no problems and now my stop-start is working perfectly and the alarm hasn't gone off yet! No coding needed at all.

I didn't even lose anything like the time or my memory seat positions!

Lovely!
Did you get the same battery again or fit a different one ?
My battery is almost gone now, need to replace but thinking which one to get.

Did you get the same battery again or fit a different one ?
My battery is almost gone now, need to replace but thinking which one to get.
Mine failed literally overnight! Had to get the A.A out as I needed to get to work, got a Bosch one fitted by them, been fine since.

Just replaced mine with a Bosch AGM S5, got it from Tanya batteries. Cheapest by far, over £100 less than anywhere else.