• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

ICE 2023 Factory Audio Upgrade?

smellyguff

Nthusiast
Jul 20, 2023
Hampshire
I have had a March '23 build UK spec i30 N for nearly a month earlier this year. Long story short it had to be bought back off of me by the dealership.

I have now got a Sept' 23 build date i30 N.

I'm sure, as far as everyone knows the sound systems have not changed publicly. But I am very sure that this one is miles better than the one I had from earlier in the year. It is much clearer, punchier and accurate sounding. The one before was very weak in all aspects.

Has anyone got any more information or can confirm whether Hyundai have changed the spec of the system?

Lots of complaints about earlier cars but have to be honest the stock stereo is good enough for me.

Is there an info screen in i30N that shows all the current firmware information ?

Thought the car would be a bit smarter these days and would have Wi-Fi so it can just check automatically and download updates while parked in the garage, you know like your PC has done since I don't know when.

Last edited:
Lots of complaints about earlier cars but have to be honest the stock stereo is good enough for me.

Is there an info screen in i30N that shows all the current firmware information ?

Thought the car would be a bit smarter these days and would have Wi-Fi so it can just check automatically and download updates while parked in the garage, you know like your PC has done since I don't know when.
They do download updates on their own.

You can definitely hear a hardware change though.

I can't imagine many people can compare early and late '23 build dates back to back unfortunately.

Is there a way to see what equipment is installed on a Hyundai with the chassis number online, like there is with BMW's?

Its unfortunately changed now.

I found a solution on another forum:

<input type="hidden" name="EU5_STL_YN" id="EU5_STL_YN" value="N">

All you have to do is set value to Y in the browser šŸ’£
With every browser you can adjust the main page in the browser, I use Firefox.

Firefox:
  • right click on page
  • select "Inspect"
  • find the line above in the Inspector
  • change this to:

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="EU5_STL_YN" id="EU5_STL_YN" value="Y">

Reactions: Jajodu
The only option I can see different between the two cars on the build sheet, apart from dates is "DUMMY 219 - REORDER DUMMY A. I'm not sure what that is, but I guess its nothing to do with the sound system hardware.