• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Yaris GR v Civic Type R

alpiv64

Jul 2, 2019
Australia

The understeer is not surprising - Track version is so much better. Best version would be Rear wheel only. Waiting fof the rallye / track version but not at $60,000

Reactions: GazmaN

mickjf

Oct 19, 2019
Canberra
The Yaris is a very nice piece of kit, but I suspect that some of the hyperbole written in comparisons to other hot hatches had a lot of "one night stand" infatuation about it.

Now that journos have had a chance to see it in the cold light of day I don't think there is a much depth there as you get with other hot hatches. There is only so long fond nostalgia for AWD homologation specials that hark back to 90s can last ...

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
The Yaris is a very nice piece of kit, but I suspect that some of the hyperbole written in comparisons to other hot hatches had a lot of "one night stand" infatuation about it.

Now that journos have had a chance to see it in the cold light of day I don't think there is a much depth there as you get with other hot hatches. There is only so long fond nostalgia for AWD homologation specials that hark back to 90s can last ...
Easy come easy go, at least with automotive journalism. The next best thing is right around the corner. Never content with what's here but the need and desire for what's coming. That's simply how it works in the automotive industry and especially with indirect manufacturer paid journalists.

When you have to live with one everyday, things change vastly from the original hype..:)

Reactions: Crocoman

Jajodu

Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
I had a test drive in the type R before I bought my N. What put me off were not only the challenging looks and the fact you had to delve into the infotainment screen to change the heating and ventilation controls, but the killer for me was the constant exhaust drone. Very wearing.
With the N though, select normal mode and you can take your grandma out in it.