• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

World Rally Championship

Whilst looking forward to WRC competition, I still think its too soon TarmoT.

Anyway, what should we expect from Estonia in terms of the terrain? Are the roads open like Finland? Or rough like Cyprus?

what is the weather like in September? will it affect engine performance?

There is no problem with COVID in baltic countries anymore and there are even no 2+2 rules anymore. For sure there will be some limits for organisators like closed service park area, max 1000-people in one location ect...
If all the rules will be followed good, I think there will be no problems at all.
Weather in September depends of year - one year it could be still full summer +25-degrees but another year it could be like weather in UK (autumn time).

There was an WRC promotional event last year in Estonia and you will get some answers from that video:

Reactions: Bu11eT
Looks like a very fast event and Finnish-like in approach to driving technique and aerodynamics. Looking forward to a new destination and that is what WRC needs, covid nor not.

In my opinion, there should be a rotation in the calendar every 3 years and explore different countries and challenges.

Reactions: TarmoT
Good to have WRC back again and they could have more rallies, like 2 events in one country, since the personal are already there.

When Tanak was signed for Hyundai I wasn't sure why. But seeing Neuville crashing again when Ogier is not having a good day, now I get it. Neuville is too inconsistent. Win one minute and complete off the pace the next. He had 2017 in his pants and somehow lost the title..

I want him to succeed after all these years but it's not going to happen.

Good to have WRC back again and they could have more rallies, like 2 events in one country, since the personal are already there.

When Tanak was signed for Hyundai I wasn't sure why. But seeing Neuville crashing again when Ogier is not having a good day, now I get it. Neuville is too inconsistent. Win one minute and complete off the pace the next. He had 2017 in his pants and somehow lost the title..

I want him to succeed after all these years but it's not going to happen.
TN has no luck

Takes the restart today looking for Power stage points and his car loses power dropping on a road section him way off the pace. He doesn't help himself with occasional lapses that cost him at least one finish a year but boy does his luck let him down too. Plenty of others dropping wheels in ditches during the rally but only TN and Taka paying the full price.

Ogier has the luck of the devil when the Toyota's tyres were delaminating yesterday Rovenpera and Evans had them go early in stages blowing off bodywork and costing them chunks of time. Ogiers went on a tarmac section just before the end of the stage.

Great win for Ott and the area of Estonia the rally was in looked beautiful, well organised and a great first WRC Estonia - congratulations to all involved and I hope this event becomes a permanent fixture next year

Reactions: TarmoT