• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

World Rally Championship

He did win, but it was with a bit of luck. I know it's still a win, but they realy need to upgrade the engine for a bit more power and also need to solve the understeer problem.

Reactions: B00n87
I think this year's title is for Toyota to lose. The line up is just too strong.

Hyundai seriously needs to address their driver pool. Too many old names being kept and no new blood coming in.

Those guys who drove for Skodas should have been poached from the VW group, and be given the chance.

and what about Henning Solberg? Poor guy, still paying his own way after all these years. Time he gets a small works drive programm, especially in snow rallies.

If the rest of Toyota drivers does not start to bring points home, Hyundai will win it for sure.

Hyundai has the best lineup actually...
1. TN - Fast, stable and makes very few mistakes. He have had very much luck also so far. One of best drivers at the moment.
2. SL - Guy who has biggest amount of experience, he is still fast enough to keep pace with all current fast drivers. SL has very good "ass" for finding good setup for car very fast and if he will not make any mistakes, he will be on podium.
3. DS - Almost same fast as TN (he can be on podium in every single rally he makes but not win them) but because of half season and technical problems, he wasn´t able to realize his potential this season. He has also one weak point - 3rd day. If there will be a battle on 3rd day with some other driver, 90% of cases he will loose.
4. AM - ... have no idea why they still keep him in Hyundai. HP (Paddon) is much stabile driver than he, but HP is sitting home without contract. AM spends time for finding a good setup for car and building confidence 90% of rallies. Definitely the weakest link in team.

Toyota has 3 fast drivers but...
1. OT - Stable rigid driver who makes very few mistakes and usually he wins if car does not brake down. Almost 70% of team points so far, where collected by him.
2. JML - also fast but known as a shitt magnet (his car brakes down the most and he will make mistakes on tight situations)
3. KM - very fast but makes way too many mistakes

Hyundai has better lineup in my oppinion because they have more stable drivers, who will bing points home, Toyota has one guy who can do it and 2-guys with very big question marks above their heads.

..but Loeb is only contracted for one more rally (Spain, where I will be )

Things look a lot closer then.

Don´t worry - Mr. Stoneface (Adamo) will think out something for sure.
Hyundai has a big problem at the moment and it is rally Finland. It hasn´t been the strongest rally for TN so far, both Loeb and Sordo does not want to go there and AM also does not have the best history there. Rally Finland is a home rally for Toyota and Mr. Adamo must find someone to put inside of 3rd car there. If I was mr Adamo, I will make 2-rally deal with HP (Paddon) - rally Estonia (WRC promotional rally 2 weeks before Finland) + rally Finland). HP is the only additional guy who can be fast with Hyundai in Finland.

I am still standing by what i said about Toyota. Its their drivers championship to lose and what happened in Sardegna is like they want to throw it wide open on every occasion!

This year I think Neuville is not close enough to do it. He is not picking up big amount of points when other fails.

Rally Finland this weekend. Anyone following?

Went there twice as a kid (post Group B era), must have been late 80's / early 90's. Anyway it's Toyota's home rally and OT seems to be big favorite here, but I placed my bet on TS. Let's see what happens, less than 1 hour to go until opening stage.

While waiting, a classic from '67 Timo Mäkinen with his Mini Cooper S @Ouninpohja stage :)

Yep, following too! As a Belgian I obviously support Thierry Neuville but don't think he'll win this one allthough the shakedown this morning was very good for the 3 Hyundai's.
Germany might be a better rally for him and glad I'll be there for the second time.

+1 here ;)
I love Hyundai but can’t stop crossing my fingers to my friend OT

Neuville started well! Among the top drivers he pushed the hardest, especially in the middle sector where he made the gap. Good start for a fight.

SS 1/23
1. Thierry Neuville Hyundai 1.47,3
2. Ott Tänak Toyota +0,7
3. Kris Meeke Toyota +1,2

.. to be continued tomorrow then with proper rally stages at 8 am.

i just so hope JML would win it. He had so much bad luck he should consider getting some devine help. Maybe slaughter a goat and put the blood on the bonnet. In Turkey they do the same for football teams and each player gets a dab on their boots.

What a day, such small margins. Yes, JML is back with a good fight - 5 or 6 stage wins today .. lost count.

However, must admit that Tänak has been impressive. As a road opener he managed to keep such a good pace and is only a couple of seconds behind. As impressive was Esapekka driving on 2 wheels (twice) on stage 9 and nailing it.

1. Jari-Matti Latvala Toyota 1.04.01,1
2. Kris Meeke Toyota +1,2
3. Esapekka Lappi Citroen +2,4
4. Ott Tänak Toyota +2,6
5. Craig Breen Hyundai +14,2
6. Andreas Mikkelsen Hyundai +14,6

Hyundai trio was struggling on the morning stages, but improving throughout the day. Breen and Mikkelsen are in good fighting positions, at least for podium. A bit disappointed that M-Sport has got no chance, did expect more from Suninen here.

Tomorrow => attack

Reactions: speedking
What a day, such small margins. Yes, JML is back with a good fight - 5 or 6 stage wins today .. lost count.

However, must admit that Tänak has been impressive. As a road opener he managed to keep such a good pace and is only a couple of seconds behind. As impressive was Esapekka driving on 2 wheels (twice) on stage 9 and nailing it.

1. Jari-Matti Latvala Toyota 1.04.01,1
2. Kris Meeke Toyota +1,2
3. Esapekka Lappi Citroen +2,4
4. Ott Tänak Toyota +2,6
5. Craig Breen Hyundai +14,2
6. Andreas Mikkelsen Hyundai +14,6

Hyundai trio was struggling on the morning stages, but improving throughout the day. Breen and Mikkelsen are in good fighting positions, at least for podium. A bit disappointed that M-Sport has got no chance, did expect more from Suninen here.

Tomorrow => attack

I disagree. Its too dangerous to attack. Let those who attack crash first, then slowly increase the speed when others fall.

So... two guys tried to fight with Tänak and they both made mistake :(
Is it so difficuilt to understand that they have no chance against Tänak?
And Mr. Mäkinen as a team boss - he should go to Mr Adamo and take some lessons...

Anyone taking their N to Germany next week? Will be my first long trip with the N. Looking forward to it and the weather will be nice :cool: