• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

World Rally Championship

TarmoT

Feb 25, 2018
Poland
We did it :D - congrats to OT, he deserved that title this year.
Hopefully Hyunday will make decent Australia and manufactures title will be secured.
Cant wait next season when 2 from 3 current world best drivers will be is same team. OT - welcome to the right car finally ;)

REM66

Oct 2, 2019
United Kingdom
We did it :D - congrats to OT, he deserved that title this year.
Hopefully Hyunday will make decent Australia and manufactures title will be secured.
Cant wait next season when 2 from 3 current world best drivers will be is same team. OT - welcome to the right car finally ;)
Has Ott signed for Hyundai?

Wow, big season next year. I did wonder in mid season with the power steering failure in the last few kms.

REM66

Oct 2, 2019
United Kingdom
That will start a scramble for seats with the other drivers with OT, TN, and DS all contracted with Hyundai.
Toyota have no lead driver, Msport have a car that can compete for the title with a strong driver and Citroen has to decide if they will fully commit to the WRC without SO.
I can see SO joining Toyota for one last effort at title No7

kapral

Sep 11, 2018
Estonia
SO will stay in Citröen for 2020 as it's his last season, this info was confirmed months ago.
As an Estonian it's pretty good feeling to end Sebastians winning period and get that title.
Was really exciting weekend! :cool:

Reactions: REM66 and TarmoT

REM66

Oct 2, 2019
United Kingdom
SO will stay in Citröen for 2020 as it's his last season, this info was confirmed months ago.
As an Estonian it's pretty good feeling to end Sebastians winning period and get that title.
Was really exciting weekend! :cool:
As a brit watching WRC I have been hoping for Ott to win the title since he returned to Msport. He is the one current driver that reminds me of the late great Colin McRae or even Henri Toivonen. Ice cool under pressure and the ability to apply blinding speed as and when he needs it.
I'd still like Meeke, Evans and Breen to do well and one day win the title, but being truthful I think the only one with age on his side and the ability to put a title run together is probably Evans now.

Reactions: TarmoT and kapral

REM66

Oct 2, 2019
United Kingdom
That's partly because experience is such an important factor in WRC events. There are a lot of drivers with the raw speed to win a single rally as we've seen in recent years but having experience on all events to put together a consistent title charge leaves 3 possibly 4 drivers of the current field. You never know when one of the upcoming younger drivers will come up a notch and be in with a chance. OT has been knocking on the door for 3 years now and if he clicks with the Hyundai I can see him putting a run of titles together.
It's going to be fascinating watching OT battle TN in the same team for supremacy.

Reactions: TarmoT and kapral

TarmoT

Feb 25, 2018
Poland
BA3FCBD8-A537-451A-AB63-21821556EE40.jpeg

It is official now - we have WRC World Champion in our team for next 2-years at least. Welcome to Hyundai Ott.

Last edited:
Reactions: R Veloster N

speedking

Jan 20, 2018
Warrington, UK
Bit late with these I'm afraid, but here are a bunch of Hyundai-centric photos from my trip to Wales Rally GB last month.

Penmachno - Slate Mountain - Llandudno.

Hope someone likes.

Attachments

REM66

Oct 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Thanks for those pictures speedking. I wonder why the light pods are different? Breen running an LED bar and Mikkleson with what look like normal spot lights. Driver preference I guess?

speedking

Jan 20, 2018
Warrington, UK
That's exactly what I noticed and so took those pictures specifically. I always found that the filaments in conventional bulbs were a bit shaky and I imagine that LEDs would be more stable. Must just be driver preference.