• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Word from an Australian dealer

stEVOx101

Apr 20, 2022
Australia
Ordered mine
8 month wait I’m told

Had a question on ceramic coat through the dealer, is it worth it?
This is the link the Ming mole sent me
I want to do tints also
They quoted $1800 for both

whelangc

Nthusiast
Aug 27, 2021
Rochedale South
Ordered mine
8 month wait I’m told

I want to do tints also

Go somewhere independent I got tints and the double coat process and interior and darkest tints for $900 so the dealers have a huge markup. I'm in Brisbane

Reactions: stEVOx101

KrakeN

Nthusiast
Jul 18, 2021
Tasmania
Ordered mine
8 month wait I’m told

I want to do tints also
Agree with whelangc, go somewhere else. Dealer Markup is huge and if the dealer is actually the one who applies the product, it may not be the best application. Regardless, never take the car thru a carwash, ever...

watto33

Nthusiast
Jan 30, 2019
Brisbane
Go somewhere independent I got tints and the double coat process and interior and darkest tints for $900 so the dealers have a huge markup. I'm in Brisbane

Hey mate where in Brizzy did you get all of that done for $900 ? Dealer wants nearly $900 just for the tint !

killer_taxi

Jul 27, 2021
Australia
Hey mate where in Brizzy did you get all of that done for $900 ? Dealer wants nearly $900 just for the tint !
$900 for tint, what the hell!? Only the two front side windows need tinting, the other rear windows already come with privacy glass. I only paid $160 to have this done by a place in Canberra.

ZZworkshop

May 9, 2022
Brisbane
Ordered I20N on Jan 01 2022. Told "3 month wait!".
Dealer now telling me "end of July" delivery!
No VIN allocated yet (therefore not started being built?).
Dealer admitted they haven't delivered an I20N in three months (from their dealership specifically), due to shortage of cars coming in.
Honestly don't really expect it in July, August, or September.
Turkey has had >70% inflation in the past year. Apparently many manufacturers used to get wiring harnesses from Ukraine, and now can't.
Is it true South Korea took over i20N manufacture? maybe due to inability to make in Turkey?
What is everyone else's waiting times?

Jerry18

Dec 21, 2021
Sydney
Dealer admitted they haven't delivered an I20N in three months (from their dealership specifically), due to shortage of cars coming in.
Turkey has had >70% inflation in the past year. Apparently many manufacturers used to get wiring harnesses from Ukraine, and now can't.
Is it true South Korea took over i20N manufacture? maybe due to inability to make in Turkey?
Ordered White, no black roof, was told eta end of May. No update yet but I would be surprised if it came by the end of this month

Amega

Dec 13, 2021
Melbourne
Ordered White, no black roof, was told eta end of May. No update yet but I would be surprised if it came by the end of this month
Ordered Dec 18th Silver with black roof, still no vin / eta atm so assume at least another 3-5 months for build and shipping to AUS.

Geoffro

Nthusiast
Jan 17, 2022
Australia
Ordered Feb - 'maybe have it by late March'
Call in March - 'should be late April'
Call in April - 'definitely by late May!'
Call the other day - 'looks promising for mid to late June'
I'm too bored of it all to be angry. Gets here when it gets here I guess.

Reactions: KawaiiiO

FlappyPants321

Nthusiast
Feb 9, 2020
Sydney
By the sounds of it from a lot of experiences people are having from their dealerships, December sounds like the month a lot of dealerships are receiving shipment. Would it be fair to say (just throwing it out there) that in the new year it would be a lot more efficient to order the 2023 model of i30N? What are people's thoughts on this?

watto33

Nthusiast
Jan 30, 2019
Brisbane
By the sounds of it from a lot of experiences people are having from their dealerships, December sounds like the month a lot of dealerships are receiving shipment. Would it be fair to say (just throwing it out there) that in the new year it would be a lot more efficient to order the 2023 model of i30N? What are people's thoughts on this?
I thought the exact same thing. Are we just better off holding off until pre orders are starting for the next model ? Facelift I20N etc. Seems by the time we get the current model Hyundai will start accepting pre orders for the next.

I'd hate to wait 9 months for a car that is then the older model..

Reactions: FlappyPants321

FlappyPants321

Nthusiast
Feb 9, 2020
Sydney
I thought the exact same thing. Are we just better off holding off until pre orders are starting for the next model ? Facelift I20N etc. Seems by the time we get the current model Hyundai will start accepting pre orders for the next.

I'd hate to wait 9 months for a car that is then the older model..
My logic exactly, if everything is going to start picking up (apparently) by December, why not just wait it out?... I'd rather wait 3 months in the new year and drive a car released that year than lose a year's resell value on a car I've been itching for. WHo knows, we might even get electric seats back next year! Just my thoughts, please feel free to add anyone!

Last edited:

watto33

Nthusiast
Jan 30, 2019
Brisbane
My logic exactly, if everything is going to start picking up (apparently) by December, why not just wait it out?... I'd rather wait 3 months in the new year and drive a car released that year than lose a year's resell value on a car I've been itching for. WHo knows, we might even get electric seats back next year! Just my thoughts, please feel free to add anyone!

We could also get an electric engine so it could be better safe than sorry ordering this generation !

But yeah I don't think anyone knows what's going to happen come December. If a new Covid variant comes out and lockdowns happen again we might regret not ordering now.

Car manufacturers won't stop releasing new models though even if they can't fill the demand. Thankfully the i20n is quite ahead in terms of technology so I can't see the new model being much of a change.. facelift at best.. but even then I would have to recieve mine then pre orders open for the next.

Prices of second hand i20n's are keeping incredible value though, so we could always just trade in ? Probably not much of a loss.

ZZworkshop

May 9, 2022
Brisbane
https://www.carsales.com.au/editori...lds-long-waits-for-hot-hyundai-n-cars-135562/

This article from a week ago has actual figures in it for N cars!

"1162 deliveries across the first four months of the year and another 2540 vehicles on back-order."

(that's all N models, not just i20)

"the pint-size Hyundai i20 N is the next most popular model in this respect with 750 vehicles on back-order"

"...we can extrapolate a very rough indication of N-car wait times by dividing the number of back-orders by the average monthly sales of each model, revealing a waiting lists stretching almost four months for the i30 Sedan N, 8.5 months for the i20 N, 11 months for the i30 N hatch and a long 12-month for the Kona N."

If I am waiting 8.5 months, then, that's August 15.

watto33

Nthusiast
Jan 30, 2019
Brisbane
https://www.carsales.com.au/editori...lds-long-waits-for-hot-hyundai-n-cars-135562/

This article from a week ago has actual figures in it for N cars!

"1162 deliveries across the first four months of the year and another 2540 vehicles on back-order."

(that's all N models, not just i20)

"the pint-size Hyundai i20 N is the next most popular model in this respect with 750 vehicles on back-order"

"...we can extrapolate a very rough indication of N-car wait times by dividing the number of back-orders by the average monthly sales of each model, revealing a waiting lists stretching almost four months for the i30 Sedan N, 8.5 months for the i20 N, 11 months for the i30 N hatch and a long 12-month for the Kona N."

If I am waiting 8.5 months, then, that's August 15.

After doing my research it seems the dealerships are just straight up lying to us at this point to keep us hooked on. I was told 6 months but I'll eat my own hat if that's remotely true.

Some people are 6 months in and don't even have a VIN number yet.