• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wireless Apple Car Play

stratos78

Aug 28, 2019
Athens
Has anybody used any device to connect his Apple phone wirelessly with the car? There are already some videos in you tube doing that.. Seems that in the f/l models the connection will be wireless..

No wireless Apple play.

You can blue tooth it and use the phone, stream music, but selecting music has to be on the phone itself, can’t even be done via the head unit. No Siri access.

Reactions: R Veloster N
I’ve been tempted by the usb/Wi-fi AirPlay dongles too, just waiting for someone else to take the leap first and prove they work ;)

No wireless Apple play.

You can blue tooth it and use the phone, stream music, but selecting music has to be on the phone itself, can’t even be done via the head unit. No Siri access.
However, I can access Siri with my iPhone 11 Pro Max in the 2020 Kia Soul. No wireless carplay though.😕

Siri responds via bluetooth and I can change songs in the current playlist through the headunit but thats about it.

Siri responds via bluetooth and I can change songs in the current playlist through the headunit but thats about it.

Are you sure is only BT. Because that is the opposite of every other time anyone has brought this up. What version of the software / firmware of the head unit and phone?

13.3.1 on the phone and sw 180806 / fw 180710 in the car. I don't have wireless carplay but my last Tidal playlist automatically starts streaming when i get in the car and the steering wheel controls or touchscreen will advance tracks (does not allow me to change playlists though). Siri plays through the speakers and pops up on the screen. Once i plugin it switches to carplay.

Last edited:
13.3.1 on the phone and sw 180806 / fw 180710 in the car. I don't have wireless carplay but my last Tidal playlist automatically starts streaming when i get in the car and the steering wheel controls or touchscreen will advance tracks (does not allow me to change playlists though). Siri plays through the speakers and pops up on the screen. Once i plugin it switches to carplay.

how do you trigger Siri when in the car?

I just say “hey Siri”. There might be a button on the steering wheel that works too but I haven’t tried.

Well that sucks. The i30N doesn’t react to Siri using the voice control in BT, only when cabled. This has been the source of many “gripes”.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of using this dongle? I would love wireless Apple car play and don’t have an issue with paying £100.
But only for a product that doesn’t suffer bad lag and connection issues.
There are some reviews of these ‘types’ of devices on YouTube but it’s difficult to know exactly what product you are buying (plenty of cheap imitations etc as you’d imagine).

thanks