• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Winter Tires (Tyres) Setup

In August I swapped out the 19" OEM P-Zeros for a set of 19" Michelin CrossClimate2 All-Season tyres on the OEM forged rims. The tyres performed well in the warm sunshine (comparable to the PZero) and, as Scotland heads into Winter, I've had no problems so far with low temperatures and/or surface water. Having studied the reviews and testing or the CC2s on Youtube (which helped shape my purchase) I have no doubts that they will perform just as well in the snow when it arrives. The bonus of A/S wheels is that I won't have to swap them back come Spring either! ;)

[By the way, I appreciate the 'alternate' thread title spelling for us folk across the pond]

NewRubber1024.gif
Shortiez600px.jpg

Last edited:
Stop flexing how the UK gets the better Hyundai product offering.

First you get the i20N, I30N and the i30N fastback. You get more color options for all your N models.

As for the Kona you get forged wheels. You get front vented seats, rear heated seats, heads up display, deep snow, sand and mud modes, moon roof, heated steering wheel, I believe passenger power seats, ugh...not fair. LOL

I wish I lived in the UK just because you got more options. As for cost, what does a Kona N performance cost your way? Here I got my Kona N (because we only get one option which is the color) for $33.5K prior to trade-in or down payment.

As for winter, I need winter tires. We can get anywhere from 1" up to 36+" from a single snow storm. If I need to drive in that weather I rather play it safe than sorry. Though normally I use my Saab 9-3 Aero for the winter months as it tends to plow better than the plows do on my road. LOL.

Stop flexing how the UK gets the better Hyundai product offering..
šŸ˜† Wow, that's probably about the only time you'll witness a 'flex' about Hyundai!

In answer to your question, the KonaN starts at Ā£35,820 with paint type/colour being the only available options to configure. Pearl/Metallic or Sonic/Performance Blue cost an extra Ā£565 and Atlas White an extra Ā£300. That said, often these extra costs can be omitted with some dealer haggling.
Unfortunately, we don't get the glass (Sun/Moon) roof option in the UK but they do in Europe. I feel the sunroof is a bit pointless with Aircon and forced air ventilated seats, although it would have been nice to have one anyway, just to feel the wind under your hairpiece...
Other than that, as you rightly say, the UK KonaN really is busting at the seams with options and safety features! Some I didn't discover until recently, such as the Intelligent Speed Control which reads road signs and adjusts the car's velocity (if it is set to actively do so, otherwise it just issues a warning chime). Every day is a school day!
Keep it shiney side up and drive safe captain šŸ˜Ž

So you also get the updated adaptive cruise control that adjust by the road set speed limit; that is a really cool feature.

Did some checking around on cost vs value between each country after converting the money to each region from the US $.

Australia vs USA, given the extra options the pricing would be similar. I'm sure some folks in the USA would like have the standard Kona N and some would like the premium package that is found in Australia.

Canada vs. USA, same package almost with three difference being more color options, heads up display, and heated steering wheel in Canada. Pricing is also in Canada favor as the car cost almost $3K less than the USA counter part.

UK vs USA you get more options and the forged wheels - value wise I feel UK isn't getting the best deal because no way are forged wheels with those extra options worth 7K pounds. Maybe 5K pounds.

Overall I find any N model from Hyundai to be a great deal because of the options the cars have and the performance found in the car.

I do wish USA got the I30N fastback; that is my favorite N model.

Wifes Kona N winter setup :cool:

OamkpUH.jpg