• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning Will An i30N Downpipe Fit a Veloster N??

anyone know how restrictive the stock cat is?
if it's restrictive, then I'd be interested in a bolt-on high-flow cat /downpipe if I could keep the stock exhaust

Actually, I don't believe the question I asked has been answered as of yet.

I simply won't do a cat less down pipe, so the price if it fits will change considerably. Hyundai's warranty guidelines allow a down pipe. However a cat less pipe will that the emissions system outside the Hyundai warranty.

Just waiting to hear if it actually fits.;) Without any modifications to the present system.

I’m assuming you didn’t read this whole thread
Yet you ordered one genius. Plus I can just answer the question right now and say yes it does fit. Because for both cars the downpipe mounts to the engine. Same engine same downpipe

Veloster also has the same hangers for the midpipe. Hard to see in the picture below, but it’s quite easy to just take a peek under your own car to verify.

The photos below are from a Veloster
DE5B1DE1-6151-49C9-9F22-DA1359A6C9FF.jpeg 00F533ED-4F8E-4EE2-BB21-34B3E589A860.jpeg 1A64D15F-3663-4B45-9EC1-27986AF804F4.jpeg

These are picture HDT’s downpipe compare to one from the I30N

0794784D-EE85-4D8E-95CE-14BAB87F6F07.jpeg

4A399857-2305-4623-AD70-5790F96711B0.jpeg

Please, let's attempt to keep it on a friendly basis. I'm interested in the technical aspects, alone and the actual fitting. We'll know when it actually fitted up to the OEM Exhaust. If it does it up precisely then, it will open other avenues for other down pipes as well.

Yet you ordered one genius. Plus I can just answer the question right now and say yes it does fit. Because for both cars the downpipe mounts to the engine. Same engine same downpipe

Veloster also has the same hangers for the midpipe. Hard to see in the picture below, but it’s quite easy to just take a peek under your own car to verify.

The photos below are from a Veloster
View attachment 7729 View attachment 7730 View attachment 7731

These are picture HDT’s downpipe compare to one from the I30N

View attachment 7732

View attachment 7733
I wouldn’t have ordered it if I didn’t think it would fit, genius

But yes, keeping the nonsense aside. Thanks for the good info and pictures to confirm.

Gentleman chill please, the personal digs are counterproductive. Might be to both your advantages, to join in verbal collaboration, when the installing. Look forward to hearing the results of BOTH installs.;):)

@yeahmanitsmurph I believe I know where you live and you've got a Blue/PP. Purchased at Larry H. Miller's right! Second one available in NM. I got the first. Are you doing the install or is someone else? If you're not attempting to do it yourself I kwon someone in RR that can do it for you. He's good and close to where you live in EH.

Last edited:
Hey no harm, no foul. It’s all in the name of science. It’s actually quite surprising how much the I30N, VN and even just the base model Velosters and Elantras share in parts. From what I’ve seen the exhausts are the same for the most part, except for the midpipe which is cut for the different lengths of each car. Either way it opens up a different avenue for performance parts for our cars!

@R Veloster N I actually bought my Chalk White Non-PP in CO and drove it back down. LH didn’t have any at the time. So that must mean there’s a third guy here haha! Surprised I haven’t seen anyone else yet, especially If he’s in the same area as me. I can manage the install myself, though. Likewise, I’m always available if y’all need help with anything.

I guess we have to keep an eye out for each other now!

Red on the head, is mine. Well, can't always be right! ;) What side of Albuquerque? Yes there is, it's a Blue/PP and he lives in RR, Enchanted Hill. I've seen him a couple of times.

Cool, just desire to keep it the exchanges on a friendly basis. :)

Last edited:
Opted out of my purchase from HDT, decided I will take a stab at fabricating my own. Wanted to weld up one where the the dowpipe and flexpipe are one contious length like the one from FMS. I've always had an interest in welding, so I saw it as an opportunity to teach myself.

Decided to put the money towards a wider range of parts.