• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

why so many N Perfomance? Buying advice

Damir

Feb 7, 2020
Croatia
People are different. From my point of view, the 250HP was the one and only logical choice:

- 18" tires are far less susceptible to damage on poor roads and in the city (hate to be towed back home)
- 18" are more comfortable for city and long route driving, performance loss is acceptable
- strut brace is pain in the ass when carrying something bulky (I'd eventually need to remove it, and will never put it back)
- power difference I don't care 'cause it is only the short boost, continuous power is the same
- breaks feels about the same, except on the track (which is very rare for me)
- adjustable exaust I can not care less, see it as an unneccesary point of failure
- with all taxes included, here in Croatia price difference is 3400 EUR, for the money you may have new tires for lifetime

However, I do miss the LSD, it is the only significant advantage of the Performance.

Reactions: theitaliaN

PaZeRa

Oct 7, 2019
Poland
So in practice you now don’t have all the thing that made i30n an extraordinary car: exhaust, lsd, nice wheels.

wheels can be changed. Exhausts don’t fail. What you have now is is car that you paid 10% less but it’s market value is half of n performance model.

In Poland for example only 2 non performance models were sold. They are worthless now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kobrah

Mightymoo

Sep 20, 2018
Norway
Do on practice you now don’t have all the thing that made n an extraordinary car: exhaust, lsd, nice wheels.

wheels can be changed. Exhausts don’t fail. What you now have is is car that you paid 10% less but it’s market value is half of n performance model.

In Poland for example only 2 non performance models were sold. They are worthless now.
IMHO after using the car for almost two years, the thing I enjoy the most is the variable exhaust and suspension. Fun in so many ways.

eLSD is a cool feature if you drive hard.

You are right about the wheels though. Changed to 18 inch and they are better for the car due to the overly firm suspension.

Last edited:

PaZeRa

Oct 7, 2019
Poland
Don’t n base have variable suspension? I used mine for only two months but I never selected anything else than comfort mode. If I would be stuck in sport mode I would run away from such car.

Lsd ismore useful than you think. I was driving 3 different replacement car for my crashed n and I can tell that even thou they were more than half less powerfull than i30n, but they were loosing traction in corners like crazy. Then I realized how much lsd changes in a car. I would never pay for powerfull fwd car without it

Reactions: Mightymoo

theitaliaN

Jan 7, 2020
United Kingdom
IMHO after using the car for almost two years, the thing I enjoy the most is the variable exhaust and suspension. Fun in so many ways.

eLSD is a cool feature if you drive hard.

You are right about the wheels though. Changed to 18 inch and they are better for the car due to the overly firm suspension.
@Mightymoo, IMO the Performance only downside are the 19" wheels, for normal use. I was thinking to do as you did and put the 18" on instead of the 19". Can you share which wheels/tires you put? Thanks

Mightymoo

Sep 20, 2018
Norway
  • Wow