• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Where did my money go..?

A few weeks after I purchased my VN:
•Viofo A129 Dashcam w/hardwire kit, Micro 2 fuse add a circuit adapter and a 128GB micro SD card. $190(Did the installation myself)

For this month:
• 3x Genuine Hyundai Oil Filters for $21 w/free shipping
• 6 qts of Mobil 1 Synthetic oil (0W-30) $34

Reactions: Mr.Gobsy
Professional photo shoot: $190. Thought I would have got more (and better) images for that sort of money...

View attachment 10028
You should ask the cop if he can do more of these professional pictures (for free).
Either he is a hobby photographer or he has talent. But the picture looks nice! worth it? :D

Carspotter Mr Officer :D

You should ask the cop if he can do more of these professional pictures (for free).
Either he is a hobby photographer or he has talent. But the picture looks nice! worth it? :D

Carspotter Mr Officer :D
I actually laughed when I opened the envelope so I guess it was worth it :). First one in 15 years. Good 'sniper' on the end of that gun. Bit of irony there too (it's possible I work with the organisation in question).

Reactions: Davo01 and padigree
A few weeks after I purchased my VN:
•Viofo A129 Dashcam w/hardwire kit, Micro 2 fuse add a circuit adapter and a 128GB micro SD card. $190(Did the installation myself)

Oh man, I want to do the same. You installed this 3 wire (the one that connects to ignition for auto parking mode switching) adapter by yourself? Could give me some details?

I'm gonna receive my N in late december and I was considering asking the dealer to install it for me. I'm on a tight budget so I would like to do it by myself

Last edited:
Oh man, I want to do the same. You installed this 3 wire (the one that connects to ignition for auto parking mode switching) adapter by yourself? Could give me some details?

I'm gonna receive my N in late december and I was considering asking the dealer to install it for me. I'm on a tight budget so I would like to do it by myself
Yes, I have done the installation myself. I have sent you a PM so I can assist you with any questions you may have. :)

Rapid Creek! now that's ironic, don't you think . . .
Hahaa, yes. Especially considering I was pinged travelling at an absolutely outrageous 62 km/h! It's usually a 70km/h speed limit there but they drop it to 50 on Saturday mornings for the farmers market. I was obviously in la-la land after shiftwork :rolleyes:

Reactions: Stash-N
When I read posts like your's I am so happy to live in Poland when +10km/h over limit is not punished BY LAW.

No cameras on expressways and highways and low police presence on those roads means I can go 160-180km/h when traffic is low. I don't know what has gotten to your politcs heads to limit speed to such low speed as 112-120km/h on HIGHWAYS! :eek: We have 120km/h limit on expressways and 140km/h on highways. Everyone is doing that much +/- 10km/h.

Ridiculous, just ridiculous.

Reactions: Stash-N and GazmaN
When I read posts like your's I am so happy to live in Poland when +10km/h over limit is not punished BY LAW.

No cameras on expressways and highways and low police presence on those roads means I can go 160-180km/h when traffic is low. I don't know what has gotten to your politcs heads to limit speed to such low speed as 112-120km/h on HIGHWAYS! :eek: We have 120km/h limit on expressways and 140km/h on highways. Everyone is doing that much +/- 10km/h.

Ridiculous, just ridiculous.
Yes, my friend - I live in one of the biggest nanny states in 'The Free World', but it's still a great place to live. That said, do you have a room to rent there :D? Sounds like motoring heaven. Do you have a high road toll (as in deaths on the road) or can people actually drive in Poland in general? They sure can't here.

I won't even ride a motorcycle on the road anymore - too many close calls, road rash and broken body parts because others can't drive. Even in a car you need to have that 'they are all trying to kill me' mentality.

Reactions: Stash-N
Yes, my friend - I live in one of the biggest nanny states in 'The Free World', but it's still a great place to live. That said, do you have a room to rent there :D? Sounds like motoring heaven. Do you have a high road toll (as in deaths on the road) or can people actually drive in Poland in general? They sure can't here.

I won't even ride a motorcycle on the road anymore - too many close calls, road rash and broken body parts because others can't drive. Even in a car you need to have that 'they are all trying to kill me' mentality.

Poland is rapidly developing right now so no problem with renting. Currently where I work we have the biggest consstruction site for business spaces and a lot of apartment being finished :)

As for car culture, yes we have a medium-high death toll but I'm putting a lot of focus on this and from my expression this is mostly due to people being stupid when speeding(or even not) or doing idiotic stuff on some rural roads (rough surface, 4 gyus in old audi doing twice the allowed speed in a corner).

On highways there are always guys on the left lane to rush to (like in germany there is always a faster car). Just let them pass and let them crash somewhere else.

I just learned to avoid any agressiveness on a road and expect all the normal things that ppl do like when I see a lorry and cars behind it, I'm expecting that some one will try to pass it so I reduce my speed.

After all speeding up is the most fun part of driving i30N :D

To sum up: driving is a little more dangerous in germany and definately on the same level for very fast and safe driving. You need to slow down frequently if you want to be really safe, but like I said, we have high limits so overall when you are doing 160km/h it's just a little more then the rest.

Reactions: Stash-N and GazmaN
Do you have a high road toll (as in deaths on the road) or can people actually drive in Poland in general? They sure can't here.
Poland has one of the worst motoring death statistics in the EU.

Not to long ago the Poles were driving around in communists Trabants if they drove at all before the fall of the Berlin Wall in 89'

With respect the Polish have a tendency to disregard rules its in their DNA after years and years of being under foreign rule.

All this is a recipe for road rage on steroids.

It's not that clear and simple. Average age of our cars is slowly increasing from 20 years to I believe 10-12 years right now. Plus we have a lot of registered cars that already rusted completely away but no one bothered to unregister them.

We still are used to buying old scraps and drive them like they are new cars. That's why idiots are constantly ending up in a ditch or are hugging trees. There is some agressivenes on a road but unlike in eastern countries, those idiots won't push to the ditch by themself. You will feel their breath when they are behind you but if you just let them pass, nothing will happen.

Add to this that people are speeding without thinking and ARE NOT slowing down before a lorry so that an 90 yo grandpa can get in their way and make a crash.

We also have a lot of pedestrians death due to a lot of different reason.

To sum up (again): don't compare us to drives from eastern europe as those are by far the worst. We are somewhere in the middle between west and east when it comes to driving culture. Fortunately we have high speed limits so your reckless speeding is just a normal drive in Poland.

I believe I may have led us waaay off topic here, apologies. Let's move on from driving geopolitics (although this could be robustly discussed in another thread I'm sure. And thanks for the commentary, I've learnt a few things).

Now, who else is financially worse off (and mentally better off) because of their purchase?

Well I will be. I will need to put over 10% the value of a car right after buying it. Motec rims, winter tires, small ppf package, dashcam and insurance.

Fortunately I don't live in UK so the insurance from a dealer is around ~750 GBP.
Car alone is gonna cost me ~26,200 GBP :(

Fortunately dealer is holding car for me as I want to buy it in december before car price rises due to emission regulations.

Reactions: GazmaN