• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels Wheel Offset & Implications

paul-h

Staff member
Nthusiast
Dec 15, 2017
Glasgow
Hi folks,

Looking to find the wheel offset for the i30N

I've looked at similar Hyundai's wheel dimensions which suggest around ET50 but would love a concrete answer.

Reason being I'm looking at some Team Dynamics wheels for potential track use.

Cheers

That’s the width and the overall size the offset is an ET number. Might just whip a wheel off when I get it as they are usually stamped on the inside! Thanks though mate!

Once the subsections are set up we could get a sticky post with the wheel dimensions etc.

Reactions: Crocoman
In my experience checking is always the safest option; a wider (or narrower) wheel will mean a different offset in order to maintain any internal clearance from suspension components etc, and if the i30N has different suspension to a standard model clearances could well be different.

In my experience checking is always the safest option; a wider (or narrower) wheel will mean a different offset in order to maintain any internal clearance from suspension components etc, and if the i30N has different suspension to a standard model clearances could well be different.

Yeah exactly. I’ve prepared and looked after rally cars so quite clued up on this.

Just needed the number so I could order wheels to match what’s already there.

Cheers

According to my dealer the ET is 55 on the standard 8x19 wheels. I contacted him last week because i am also looking for lighter wheels for potential track use.

Ideal mate, I'll confirm when she arrives but that's about what I was expecting!

Thank you very much!

Reactions: K_N
I'm driving these (in winter):
View attachment 66
ET is 49,5mm
View attachment 67

Sorry for bad quality, it's a screen shot.

Cheers

Nice, the same wheels will be on my i30n with winter tires, but the black ones were currently unavailable. Mine will be in silver, so the brake dust will be their best friend :p
If I'm correct the wheels come from the Kia shelf.

Does anyone know if spacers will fit on the standard performance wheels?
From the pictures i would guess a max of 10-15mm
I like the look of a filled wheel well. :D

Reactions: paul-h
My dealer told me the standard 19s have ET42. The manual just says make sure you use the correct offset, but doesn't say what it is!

My dealer told me the standard 19s have ET42. The manual just says make sure you use the correct offset, but doesn't say what it is!

That’s 7.5mm of a difference to what’s been posted. I’ll just take a wheel off when I get it and post what I find!

Thank you for the reply though! :)

I think that we need a thread on wheels. What people have actually installed.

I would like to try a set of Momo Revenge, but my local dealers don't have any and it would be a pain to order online and have to return them if they don't fit.

Reactions: paul-h
Hello!
I run 18x8 et45 oz hyper gt hlt with 235/40/18 michelin pa4 winter tires. No rubbing, nothing. I chose lightweight rims because i will also run them with pirelli trofeo r semi slicks during track days. Stock wheels are 19x8 et 55, i looked up the web when choosing aftermarket wheels, but i can't find the link...Sorry.
I post some pics of the wheels how they look. Hope it was helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_20180125_182327.jpg
    IMG_20180125_182327.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_20180128_162704.jpg
    IMG_20180128_162704.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 605
That’s not so bad then! Much appreciated mate! Least we have some concrete evidence now!