• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tyres What tires for the winter on the VN Base?

Just got my base VN. I'm assuming the Michelin Super Sport tires on the 18" wheels will need to be replaced for winter tires around Thanksgiving. I live in St. Louis, which doesn't get a ton of snow, but it can get to freezing in December.

Any other VN Base users out there have plans for winter tires?

Thanks,
- Joe

Really basic question here...

This will be my first time with a different set of "summer" and "winter" tires. Will I have to somehow load up the Veloster with the tires and keep them at home in the garage? Or do you some tires stores keep them for you?

Not 100% the Veloster is going to have room to carry 4 tires home!

Thx

Really basic question here...

This will be my first time with a different set of "summer" and "winter" tires. Will I have to somehow load up the Veloster with the tires and keep them at home in the garage? Or do you some tires stores keep them for you?

Not 100% the Veloster is going to have room to carry 4 tires home!

Thx
Not sure about tires, but when I had my wheels changed I loaded up the old wheels in the boxes from my new wheels and they fit just fine in the back. 3 boxes in the back seat and one in the trunk. I think tires should fit just fine also.

I have Nokian R3's on her from oct-April. Where I live the winter is always going to be tough. I have Nokian R2's on my old cars and I regularly pull others out of ditches when they get stuck on grid roads. If you live somewhere where the snow you shovel has more volume then the car your drive then I can't recommend this brand enough.

Every tire store where I live will store your winters in summer and your summers in winter for a set price.