• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

What is your Pedal Box setup?

Cavaco90

Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
Guys,

Already fitted my DTE Pedal Box (kinda a moments ago) and gave it a small try, seems to be working properly, the throttle response improvement is evident but, obviously, didn't give a proper shoot to every setup to see which will be the best for me.

Just for the sake data collection, for those of you who fitted the box, what is your currently everyday setup?

Many thanks

What a difference with that. I installed mine yesterday. On the highway I put it in Sport plus -1. It gives a nice boost.

Reactions: Cavaco90
Put my "Man Pants" (TM) on this morning and stuck it up to two settings to Sport (Amber) -1.

Felt like the car had a +30bhp remap when engine is in Sport+ :p:D

Put my "Man Pants" (TM) on this morning and stuck it up to two settings to Sport (Amber) -1.

Felt like the car had a +30bhp remap when engine is in Sport+ :p:D
Funny thing, i tried sport (red) on a red light.... needless to say the smell of burning clutch was abundant o_O it really feels like you said, an instant remap. The throttle is super responsive and basically you achieve higher speeds without pushing that far the gas pedal ----> MPG not great XD
Right now, city+3

I can not use it for the first 5 minutes. The car shakes and my head bangs against the front window

Guys, do you have any suggestion where to put the "remote" and cable for the pedal box? I have been so lazy that the cable itself has been hanging from the center console all this time loool, but i know that it should be stuck and safe somewhere. If possible, post some photo showing where it is in your cars ;)

Try it on lower settings until you get used to it. Then progressively use higher settings.

Use velcro to mount it anywhere it is convenient for you. Some put it on the steering column housing, some on the side of the console etc. Use cable organizers to hold the actual cable.

Last edited:
Try it on lower settings until you get used to it. Then progressively use higher settings.

Use velcro to mount it anywhere it is convenient for you. Some put it on the steering column housing, some on the side of the console etc. Use cable organizers to hold the actual cable.

I have been going up slowly on the settings just to adapt myself and acknowledge the differences between each mode, as you advised. Mounting wise, its absurd the length of the cable, you can almost go around the car with it lol. This weekend i'll place it somewhere nice :) Thanks

i just watched the following video about a similar pedalbox:

One thing I noticed is that he said if you plan on getting a proper ECU tune, then this kind of stuff would be done during that Stage upgrade. So the pedalbox is only relevant if you are staying stock or use a tuning box then?

i just watched the following video about a similar pedalbox:

One thing I noticed is that he said if you plan on getting a proper ECU tune, then this kind of stuff would be done during that Stage upgrade. So the pedalbox is only relevant if you are staying stock or use a tuning box then?
For me, the pedal/tuning box are "off record" tunes, for the people who, as you said, wants to stay stock, but enjoys "something else". I'm not sure about a ECU tune plus a pedalbox, seams a bit irrelevant given that if you remap one thing that you will upgrade is throttle response, however would like to know someone that has done it and kept the pedalbox.

Reactions: iiNNEX