• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

What did you do to your N today ?

What do you think about the DSW06?

I want these!!!!! How was installation? Brackets and so forth. Is height adjustable? I have the stick seat all the way down...
The dws’s are great I ran them on my VT with no issues. The only problem I have with them is the larger side wall. Since they’re not a true performance tire the sidewalk is taller than what I like and rubs like crazy. I have only several thousand miles on them and I will most likely be replacing them next season because there are literal chunks missing from the sidewall and I question their high speed integrity. If there was a option for a affordable camber plate I’d be set but at this point they’re almost too far gone and it’s a shame. I’ll most likely be switching to some PS4S next season just to get something that fits better. I was thinking a 245/35R18 or even a 235/35

I may even be running 3° I forgot to pull my sheets last night. But I’m pretty sure I had them set up right and they were maxed out. When we aligned it cause anymore movement resulted in the number going backwards.

It's not only the orientation of the bolts, the orientation of the washers are also super crucial. If you have them in the correct position you should be able to get a bit more than -3*. Either way, I'd say -3* for the front is ideal for street/track combo use since any more and you'll start camber wearing tires like crazy on the street. That's what I'm running now too.

Forgot to post this up last week when I put it on, but I got around to installing a really awesome piece that a friend in Korea picked up for me. Steering wheel hub that allows you to retain all the OEM steering wheel controls! Tested it out with a couple different wheels I had on hand at the time, I love the Nardi but I need to remove the spacer if I use it since it's already an 80mm deep corn type wheel.

Really loving how the interior is coming together now.

20190809_132025.jpg

20190809_132037.jpg

20190813_172936.jpg

20190813_172945.jpg

It's not only the orientation of the bolts, the orientation of the washers are also super crucial. If you have them in the correct position you should be able to get a bit more than -3*. Either way, I'd say -3* for the front is ideal for street/track combo use since any more and you'll start camber wearing tires like crazy on the street. That's what I'm running now too.
I really have to pull those sheets just to be sure. Cause I researched them for weeks prior to installing them and I think I installed them right but I’m not 100% sure it’s been quite awhile. Either way the car handles a lot better with the added camber the only problem is the tires being too fat I’ll try and take pics for you guys at some point today

Reactions: 1FastStagea
Forgot to post this up last week when I put it on, but I got around to installing a really awesome piece that a friend in Korea picked up for me. Steering wheel hub that allows you to retain all the OEM steering wheel controls! Tested it out with a couple different wheels I had on hand at the time, I love the Nardi but I need to remove the spacer if I use it since it's already an 80mm deep corn type wheel.

Really loving how the interior is coming together now.

View attachment 8847

View attachment 8851

View attachment 8849

View attachment 8852
Looks great ! And the ability to keep the factory Bluetooth and mode controls is a big plus !

So I did this to my N today:
Schaltknauf_LR.jpg

How you ask? Well, there was a track-toy Corsa OPC next to me at the light and... 1st, 2nd, shifter in hand... Hol' up.

Took me a while to find the spring, which had made its way onto the back seats. Put that back in and pushed the knob back on and it works again, have an appointment tomorrow with my mechanic:p

So I did this to my N today:
View attachment 8853

How you ask? Well, there was a track-toy Corsa OPC next to me at the light and... 1st, 2nd, shifter in hand... Hol' up.

Took me a while to find the spring, which had made its way onto the back seats. Put that back in and pushed the knob back on and it works again, have an appointment tomorrow with my mechanic:p
Banging a few gears I see!!:p

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Found out that my car was insured as a i30 with 120HP (info on my car was wrong from a central database the insurance company got their data from).

That explained the cheap insurance I got (including permission for my 18y old son to drive the car) :eek:.

I called the insurance company and told them about it. They needed some time to discuss.
They called me back and said they had both good and bad news...

The bad news was that the price for the I30N was alot higher, especially concidering an 18y old driver. The good news was that I still would pay the same price as a i30 120HP for as long as I had my insurance in their company :D

Great service!!!

Found out that my car was insured as a i30 with 120HP (info on my car was wrong from a central database the insurance company got their data from).

That explained the cheap insurance I got (including permission for my 18y old son to drive the car) :eek:.

I called the insurance company and told them about it. They needed some time to discuss.
They called me back and said they had both good and bad news...

The bad news was that the price for the I30N was alot higher, especially concidering an 18y old driver. The good news was that I still would pay the same price as a i30 120HP for as long as I had my insurance in their company :D

Great service!!!
Insurance companies are sure different in your corner of the world. Imagine that happening in Australia. LOL Stop it! my ribs are hurting from laughing so much.:):):):eek:o_O

Noice. Was it as simple as plug and play to retain the heated seats? Asking cuz Canada =)

And those some big pockets you guys get on the i30 doors we don't on the VN
No you have to change some parts for install the seats an have to look for the right cable for heated seats :)

No, it is 4-times cheaper, custom finished bucket seat what weights 10kg with alu frames. Oem full el. seat is 38kg
The Recaro cost about 1600€ per seat. So you only paid about 400€ per seat? Thats cheap as f***!

Eibach springs delivered today

Can you please take some before and after pictures and measurements.
For measuring, tape measure hooking the lower wheel lip and going up the to fender.
Repeat measurements 200 miles later.

Measuring from the center of the wheel is common because it is the same value regardless of wheel size. But I find hooking the lower wheel lip gives better consistency and I am only interested in the before and after difference.