• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

What did you do to your N today ?

Something has been done today...

Repair of the broken mountings of the front bumper and change the colour of the red (that had been wrapped to neon yellow) details! Just not to stand out so much...

The story in photos (How it was and how it's done).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 181
Fitted winter wheels, ready for the next few months.

Attachments

• 63DEEFD0-ACB0-49D1-9B04-DA55D77C2C98.jpeg
    63DEEFD0-ACB0-49D1-9B04-DA55D77C2C98.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 57
  • 0CE96DCA-D91A-4E19-9739-5F85B1F5E03A.jpeg
    0CE96DCA-D91A-4E19-9739-5F85B1F5E03A.jpeg
    672.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 83D4046D-FC08-42C6-A533-8548227D378D.jpeg
    83D4046D-FC08-42C6-A533-8548227D378D.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Switched to PS4Ss yesterday afternoon, after 20k on x2 sets of the stock Pirelli's, and it's like driving a different car. The pace I can set on less than perfect surfaces compared to before and the way the power gets put down..:cool:

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Updated the infotainment in my fl fastback...Had a weird glitch a few days ago, the car location was shown in another country, so I waited for a day thinking it will sort out but the problem persisted. Reseting the infotainment and reenabling bluelink didn't solve it. Checked the satellite status under nav options, no satellites found. Great, either something software wise is screwed or the gps module went bust. Updated the infotainment to the latest maps/firmware which took about an hour and half and luckily everything sorted back. Also see there are some graphical improvements with the ui in addition to the newest maps so I'm kind of glad I went with the update. I knew it was available but I also knew it takes a while to install and now I was kind of forced to do it 😅

Since getting the N mids't no car shortage and now seeing it's probably worth the same money that I paid for it two and a half years ago the car has been nice to me.
Still planning to keep it long term, because it drives great, it's a boy racer, almost no drama, good lookin, I could go on.
Since I did no performance upgrades whatsoever I still feel that no personal thread would be justified, will use this thread for some general thoughts.

1. Stock tires: WTF. My main gripe with the car. The wet performance with the wheelhop is just unacceptable. Got some PS4 on this week due to dealer error (wanted ps4s, nothing in writing, no patience for any drama), and I really like em. Who am I kidding, I probably won't get the car on a track anytime soon.
Take it with a grain of salt, since recieving them this week I could not test them in the wet, but compared to the PZeroes they hold the same grip in the dry and the ride quality is vastly improved. The negative is that turn in feels a lot softer. I had no possibility yet to get the tyres to the limit, when it comes to that I will update. Let's hope it will be compareable (in the dry).
If wet performance still sucks I have a powerflex purple laying around, gathering dust.
I'm completeley satisfied with my winter tyres, Pilot Alpin 5. Wheelhop with these is almost non existant, you can get lot's of wheelspin - as expected with winter tyres.

2. Overall Performance: From being completely blown away I got used to it fairly fast and I am fanasizing about a fuel pump and turbo upgrade with all the neccessary steps for moar power. That won't be happening since I can't justify neither time nor cost to myself. Going faster fast or fast faster is nice!
Also keeping in mind that anything above 2nd gear get's you in danger of no license makes this bittersweet.
When you are up to 10-15 kph you can floor it like a donkey and nothing will happen. maybe some yank a the steering wheel and torquesteer to some degree, but nothing extreme.
That's why I bought a FWD car. From coming from total econoboxes I wanted something where I could point the wheel, press the pedal, go where I point the wheel. Works great.

3. General handling of the car is so unbelievably good compared to "normal" cars that it will be hard to change back. From our I30 Wagon over an SQ5 over a Golf or other "economy" cars (nothing really is these days) everything I drove in the meantime just feels like a goddamn boat. I am not in the lucky position to test drive sports cars on the more expensive end and I would really like some comments from some folk who did if the "on rails" feeling get's even better.
Everything else feels dead - or shit.

That's it for today.