• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Weight gain I30NDCT

pillred

Oct 20, 2019
bristol
Was watching a vid on you tube by Sarah and Tuned on the new Veloster N DCT and she said the new DCT system added 62kg to the weight of the car and she actually preferred the manual version as it felt lighter I am assuming the I30N would suffer the same weight gain sounds like a lot can she be right?

Reactions: Crocoman

Crocoman

Dec 26, 2017
Scotland
That’s not that much is it? For the DCT?

The figures say it’s quicker to 100kph...

Id maybe wait until there are more reviews and hands on driving impressions. As I think some people like to look at stats (weight for example) and then they tell themselves somehow they can feel the difference.

I’m not saying that’s what‘a going on here but I’d say 100% that DCT N is going to feel quicker and be quicker than the manual....

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
138 pounds is quite a bit in terms of performance. It's an extra passengers weight to lug around. It will make a difference. Some including say the VN will reach 0-62 a half second quicker then the manual. Most of which comes from starting from a dead stop. Beyond that, they're pretty much the same.

However, at what cost? Will the DCT be up to the long term task? We won't know until it's brought up to speed and beyond with similar modifications that have been made to the manual. Then we'll accurately be able to see it's limitation if any. Preprogrammed torque limiting and running/operating temps will be the limiting factors, as is with the DCT dry clutch.

You can quickly cause those two specific factors to become problems with power adding modifications and most DCT.:)

Last edited: