• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Water running down inside of windscreen

speedking

Nthusiast
Jan 20, 2018
Warrington, UK
Never had this before.

Sure I've had condensation on the inside, but the aircon takes care of that, or you mop it up with a microfibre.

But in the i30N, having cleared the screen and driven for a couple of minutes, 3 or 4 drips of water materialise and distractingly make their way down the screen in your line of vision. Most irritating. Had to stop on the way to work to wipe them away :mad:

Sounds like the screen wasn't installed correctly, I've heard of others too. People commenting they've had water collecting at the bottom on top of dash. Factory screens, not replacements.

Another Hyundai QC issue to add to the growing list.....:rolleyes:

To be fair I think it's a strange condensation effect. Never noticed anything similar in the heaviest of rain.

The central camera housing has a different temperature and causes local condensation which runs, but this is directly in front of the driver.

No issue with mine either but something to look out for.
Seems a strange one!

If it’s a installation problem you should be able to recreate the running water while using a pressure washer.

Doesn't always work under pressure. If it's a slow leak from around the top seal area, it can take some time to infiltrate the seal.

There is a condensation sensor located on the top of the dash. If it's obscured in anyway it will cause such a problem.