• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Warranty Main Dealer

H13ONN

Nthusiast
Nov 12, 2019
Essex
Went to Hyundai main dealer for its 3rd (and final) service there.
They advised that, as we had aftermarket wheels, poly bushed lower mount, illegal number plates and an "aftermarket exhaust resonator" that the cars warranty was null and void.
Anyone had any similar experiences?

Ridiculous!!
The whole car warranty shouldn't be null and void just the parts that could be effected by the mods. Hyundai UK should be able to confirm that for you.

So if you have an absolute tool of a main dealer, they could say:
alloys - "arguably" anything connected to handling or suspension.
poly lower mount - "arguably" anything gearbox/drivetrain.
illegal plates - nothing to do with warranty at all but wont get through the MOT. Just change them and there is not argument at all.
exhaust system is out of warranty as you've modded it.

Begs the question, were these mods on when you previously took the car to them? (If it has been to them before).

Time for another dealer!

As Loafer said they are talking out their backsides. Some dealers say changing tyres invalidates your warranty if they are not pzero HN. Its horse crap.

Technically you invalidate the part they are connected to that is it. In the terms of a GPF delete if that's what you have well technically they are illegal and can invalidate your insurance also as the car wouldn't pass an mot with it (This has also been proven as a member crashed writing his car off and the insurance wouldn't pay out because of this..........................)

I'd go to another dealer from now on.

Reactions: Fastback_N
Technically you invalidate the part they are connected to that is it. In the terms of a GPF delete if that's what you have well technically they are illegal and can invalidate your insurance also as the car wouldn't pass an mot with it.
No MOT is not, of itself, sufficient to invalidate your insurance unless you're contravening a specific term in the insurance Ts & Cs. Bald tyres and skid off the road, yes insurance at risk, bald tyres and car stolen, insurance still valid. Undeclared mods always risky.

No MOT is not, of itself, sufficient to invalidate your insurance unless you're contravening a specific term in the insurance Ts & Cs. Bald tyres and skid off the road, yes insurance at risk, bald tyres and car stolen, insurance still valid. Undeclared mods always risky.
Surely a GPF is required for a mot as without it you wont pass. Therefor if your car wont pass an mot it is illegal and some insurance companies will invalidate your insurance as the car is not in a legal road going manner

Technically you invalidate the part they are connected to that is it. In the terms of a GPF delete if that's what you have well technically they are illegal and can invalidate your insurance also as the car wouldn't pass an mot with it (This has also been proven as a member crashed writing his car off and the insurance wouldn't pay out because of this..........................)
Were all the other mods, if any, declared?

Went to Hyundai main dealer for its 3rd (and final) service there.
They advised that, as we had aftermarket wheels, poly bushed lower mount, illegal number plates and an "aftermarket exhaust resonator" that the cars warranty was null and void.
Anyone had any similar experiences?
Was that CMC in Harlow?

Chelmsford Hyundai is the terrible dealer in question. All mods are declared to insurance.
GPF is abit of a grey area, as the delete stops the light from coming on. If it was done before my ownership how would i know?