• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tyres VN performance tires

Mikemr305

Nthusiast
Dec 24, 2019
Miami
Im thinking of switching over to Michelin super sports, but im mostly wondering if anyone has tried getting away with a 40 tire wall on the stock 19" rims. A little difference would probably make the ride smoother on these crappy roads. Id like to avoid downsizing to 18s cuz i LOVE these 19s. Ill stay with 235/35s if i have to but just wondering if anyone has been able to get away with a 40 tire wall.

Im thinking of switching over to Michelin super sports, but im mostly wondering if anyone has tried getting away with a 40 tire wall on the stock 19" rims. A little difference would probably make the ride smoother on these crappy roads. Id like to avoid downsizing to 18s cuz i LOVE these 19s. Ill stay with 235/35s if i have to but just wondering if anyone has been able to get away with a 40 tire wall.
Don’t have experience with the factory wheel but I can tell you this. I ran 245/40R18s and the ride quality was significantly better but you did feel the sidewalls flex a bit more when cornering hard. However with the 245 tread it still felt very confident you just felt a bit more flex. But as long as you run the factory wheel with the 40 series tire you shouldn’t have any rub or issues in general. Offset plays a big part in what clears the factory fenders

Ive heard so many good things about 18s with 40 sidewalls. I just dont have the heart (or the budget) to change the rims to 18s. I cant be the only person curious about 40 l sidewall on the 19s though. Surely SOMEONE has tried it? The lack of information aftter this long doesnt seem good though. I might just have to deal with it. Shame since i heard the Michelin's run stiffer than that pereli's lol