• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Veloster N w/PP ECU Wanted!!

Fair deal. Used ECMs are a no-go, since they are bound/married to a specific VIN. Don’t believe they can be unbound/divorced unless you know of a way using GDS.

Reactions: 1FastStagea
You can use used ecu. Our ecu’s are cloneable. If you program a new ecu for your car then the old one will stop working in it. Only clone.

You can use used ecu. Our ecu’s are cloneable. If you program a new ecu for your car then the old one will stop working in it. Only clone.

You'll get a DTC for the VIN on the ECM not matching the VIN on the other modules on the vehicle. You also have to divorce your smart key module from your old ECM to your new (used) ECM, which I'm not even sure is possible with a used ECM with a different VIN # on it as I've never tried it personally. I've always just been told it wouldn't work by people that do these things more often than I do, so I believe them.

To top it all off, every time you try to marry your smart key module to your new/used ECM, there's a chance your smart key module will commit sudoku and off itself (yes I misspelt that on purpose) even when pairing to a brand new ECM, which means you now have to spend several hundred dollars replacing that module as well.

Last edited:
Well, all you need for a new cloned ECU unit is the; VIN coding and immobilizer information. You can can get this two ways that, I know of;

1. Buy a new ECU have the dealer code the VIN on it.

2. Have your tuner break open the OEM unit and get it.

It's not that difficult. Might cost a little bit more to get there but in the long run worth it.;)

Last edited:
You have right but you need code only for program brand new ecu or used logged out. Best solution is clone ecu but for this operation need to open original and donor ecu.

So I've officially programmed the second (tuned) ECM to the car, and still managed to have the original ECM work just fine with just plugging it back in

I had to De-register the new ECM again before programming the Smart Keys to it, didn't have to do anything else to the original ECM. I can freely swap back and forth between the original and the tuned ECM now. Guess those guys I spoke to were not completely correct (luckily for us)!

I bought i30N Fastback 275ps 2019 model ECU which was only on the road for 100miles. But my car is Hatchback i30N 275ps 2019 model. If I am correct, few members here successfully cloned the ECU and running without problems. I guess I have to go to Hyundai dealerships to do it or any other way? Can I Re-map the spare cloned ECU and change it when I am on the track?
If I can not do it then I shall sell it. Sorry can not upload images. Don't know why....

You'll have to find a good tuner who has the capability near you. There has been one that I know of who has had an ECU cloned and he's from Australia. There may be others but that I know of, one on this forum.

Hyundai will not do any cloning for you. It's simply not allowable under their warranty restraints. You're going to have to find the tuner you can trust.