• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning Veloster N - Turbo upgrade Day 5 - manifold & clutch & wastegate valve

RPM8300

Dec 11, 2018
SOUTH KOREA
KakaoTalk_20190520_225302529.jpg

xclutch made in Austrialia

stage 1 organic disk spring type 600N.m included new lightweight flywheel this is not dual mass type

this clutch kit is very lightweight ( 12.3kg ) than Genesis coupe oem clutch kit ( 23.4kg ) = almost 11.1kg

20190514_153057.jpg

Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0 F/L oem clutch is 23.4kg

KakaoTalk_20190520_225303153.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190520_225303679.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190520_225304213.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190520_225305249.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190520_232439377.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190521_112519337.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190520_232438637.jpg

Garrett GTX2867R GEN 2 AR.64

gtx3.jpg

At the end of the 5th day, the work is going smoothly and fast. Everything will be completed during this week

I think I'm going to have a dyno test tomorrow.

I will have enough tests and I will be doing drag tests and post driving reviews on the circuit later

This is Tuned by South Korea LAP3

Last edited:
What's the number you're hoping or expecting to get out of this setup? Looking awesome btw:eek:

It is interesting that Xtreme is using very conservative design of clutch disc. Even Oem disc does not have those 4-springs inside of that and friction material is also the same (organic).
It might happen that 600Nm will be a bit less to your setup but lets hope that it works without problems. But if there will be a problem, there is also 800Nm clutch available for our cars.
I have also question about WG, your´s is vacuum operated and oem WG has el. actuator. As I understand you are using LAP3 Pro-Tuner on your car and it is a piggyback. What is the common fedback - are there any problems that ECU is not operating WG anymore?

Reactions: RPM8300
Bhp...hp....ps :cool: meaning horsepower

i think it will be 350~380whp 1.5~1.7bar and 400whp 2bar , it is almost 400~450bhp

and use methanol kit it is almost 10% up

I will measure it with various dyno equipment from various places upload it
(dyono jet , dynocom, and bhp engine tester )

Last edited:
It is interesting that Xtreme is using very conservative design of clutch disc. Even Oem disc does not have those 4-springs inside of that and friction material is also the same (organic).
It might happen that 600Nm will be a bit less to your setup but lets hope that it works without problems. But if there will be a problem, there is also 800Nm clutch available for our cars.
I have also question about WG, your´s is vacuum operated and oem WG has el. actuator. As I understand you are using LAP3 Pro-Tuner on your car and it is a piggyback. What is the common fedback - are there any problems that ECU is not operating WG anymore?

oh yes i know that oem electric actuator is not respone with ecu reflash now

we need more develope about this electric actuator with velostern n theta2 engine
so we change wastegate valve install this problem , The wastegate and exhaust port geometries are so small that the output is expected to be lower than the other theta1 engines, and we plan to work more closely with ecu at this setting on this time

Please understand that I have some problems in my explanation in English.

Reactions: GazmaN and TarmoT
oh yes i know that oem electric actuator is not respone with ecu reflash now

we need more develope about this electric actuator with velostern n theta2 engine
so we change wastegate valve install this problem , The wastegate and exhaust port geometries are so small that the output is expected to be lower than the other theta1 engines, and we plan to work more closely with ecu at this setting on this time

Please understand that I have some problems in my explanation in English.
Your English is fine, no need for apologies - I think we can all understand ;).

But please, stick to photos of the car. I am on a post-holiday diet and those pictures of delicious Korean food are making me hell hungry :eek:!!

Your English is fine, no need for apologies - I think we can all understand ;).

But please, stick to photos of the car. I am on a post-holiday diet and those pictures of delicious Korean food are making me hell hungry :eek:!!

Thanks bro now i engine start is ok make welldone

Reactions: GazmaN