• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

RPM8300

Dec 11, 2018
SOUTH KOREA
111.jpg

veloter N 275ps engine

30.jpg

oem reducer pipe

sfaafa.jpg

width : 29~30mm

in : 56~57mm

outside : 63mm

bmcota.jpg

KakaoTalk_20181224_125924700.jpg

aliexpress_com_20181224_135102-horz.jpg

i will change my intake made it aluminium 90mm pipe + 63mm>90mm reducer silicone pipe

and using Bmc ota air filter

2.jpg

this is aftermarket intake pipe 76mm for open airfilter ( can not use oem air filter box )

made by SuperDrift company ( south korea )

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20181224_125911932.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20181224_125911932.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 12
  • aliexpress_com_20181224_135102-horz.jpg
    aliexpress_com_20181224_135102-horz.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Have you felt a big difference in power with this mod installed ? And how’s it sound ? Does it sound like a jet engine when on throttle like the VT ?

I am currently in the conceptualization because it is not a general shape intake pipe. The sound differs according to the appearance of the intake pipe and the intake filter. However, the filter of the bellows n and i30n is an open filter shape, In fact, the big impact does not make much difference, but it will definitely make a difference in the response temperature and the intake temperature

i send to picture it is comming soon on south korea
2019...jan~mar

Attachments

• knbox_com_20181226_142504.jpg
    knbox_com_20181226_142504.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 65
View attachment 4654

veloter N 275ps engine

View attachment 4656

oem reducer pipe

View attachment 4657

width : 29~30mm

in : 56~57mm

outside : 63mm

View attachment 4659

View attachment 4658

View attachment 4662

i will change my intake made it aluminium 90mm pipe + 63mm>90mm reducer silicone pipe

and using Bmc ota air filter

View attachment 4660

this is aftermarket intake pipe 76mm for open airfilter ( can not use oem air filter box )

made by SuperDrift company ( south korea )

This is great info, thank you! I'm in the process of making my own custom intake currently as well and this saves me a lot of work!

I'll post pics once I'm finished mine too. I'm planning to incorporate the stock airbox to eliminate as much heatsoak/intake of hot air from the engine bay as possible and have a cleaner install. I may try to modify it a bit for better airflow however, I'll have to see what improvements can be made.

Like to do a CFM Air Flow with the stock air box. Now a days, OEM air box designs are much better and flow more air. They have far better design dynamics. Some don't need to be changed out for an open CAI which disturbs the air flow too much and equates to less hp. The only way to be sure is, too dyno before and after the modifications. I'll wait and see first before taking the jump!;)

I looked at the Torcon unit and I believe heat soak will be problem, no matter how much so call; heat shield paint they add. The idea is; to get a cooler air charge to the motor. Just don't see it here. Water injection, would do more to add the intake temps.

The other problem you'll have to be tackled is; you have to remove the engine cover for it to fit correctly. This will involve some modification to the engine cover, to allow it to fit. Torcon is saying, it will fit the N 2.0T but I have my doubts. It's designed for the 1.6T Gamma engine though.

I'm going to slow way down on these quick possibilities. Some companies I believe are jumping the gun to sell what they believe will work, not so much what they know will actually work. Otherwise, way too much guess work and not enough hands on.

Just not going to throw good money after bad.;):)

Last edited:
So I just got a reply back from SXTH Element Engineering about their intercooler and intake kit for the Veloster N and they said they are in the middle of developing and they "hope" to be testing and releasing in 3-4 weeks

SXTH Element 3D scanning in prossess

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=948402662167466&id=100009932224021&sfnsn=mo

They did not have a video on YouTube so this is a Facebook link hopefully it works! I have to wait to see their product before jumping at the forge option, they have made upgrade parts for older velosters genesis G80, and Elantra sports, really liking what I've seen in the past.

This is their page on YouTube if anyone wants to check them out

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH7GFQfUdWv7VeXcj1n5zZg

Reactions: RPM8300
SXTH Element 3D scanning in prossess

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=948402662167466&id=100009932224021&sfnsn=mo

They did not have a video on YouTube so this is a Facebook link hopefully it works! I have to wait to see their product before jumping at the forge option, they have made upgrade parts for older velosters genesis G80, and Elantra sports, really liking what I've seen in the past.

This is their page on YouTube if anyone wants to check them out

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH7GFQfUdWv7VeXcj1n5zZg

that 3d scanner is awesome good

So I just got a reply back from SXTH Element Engineering about their intercooler and intake kit for the Veloster N and they said they are in the middle of developing and they "hope" to be testing and releasing in 3-4 weeks
So that estimate was a bit off.;):p But hey, it's their dime anyway.