• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Veloster N Red Trim Pieces

jtom12

Nov 1, 2018
USA
Hey guys I am not a fan of the red trim pieces on the body kits of the VN. I was wondering if you think in the future you could order black exterior trim pieces to replace the red ones. I noticed that the red Veloster N has the trim pieces all black so I assumed they would be available as opposed to painting the red pieces.

Thanks!

Hey guys I am not a fan of the red trim pieces on the body kits of the VN. I was wondering if you think in the future you could order black exterior trim pieces to replace the red ones. I noticed that the red Veloster N has the trim pieces all black so I assumed they would be available as opposed to painting the red pieces.

Thanks!
The only color I’ve seeen with the black accents instead of the red is the red car. Which would make sense because red on red wouldn’t look right. But I’m pretty sure down the road someone will come out with a decal kit to cover it up. Or just buy a roll of black vinyl wrap and do it yourself

Reactions: FeGoPi
You can actually remove/replace and order the red trim pieces (or black in the case of a red car) separately from the rest of the bumpers/skirts although it is a pain to do so. You can order the black trim pieces from Hyundai from the red cars and replace it on yours if you so wish. They're not all that expensive either if I remember correctly.

Are they pretty close in color to the racing red on the vn? Not a huge fan of the front and sides but may want to swap the rear in if not too much trouble.

Unfortunately it seems as though it doesn't give me the option for choosing the vehicle colour on the parts system I have access to, I may have better luck if I can get the VIN # of someone with a red VN (hint hint). Feel free to PM me your VIN if one of you guys wouldn't mind helping out :)

Just pulled this off cargurus, assuming unsold cars will work.
KMHT36AH9KU001943

Need a guide for removing these without breakage. On a similar note, seeing closeup pics of how all of the attachment clips look with the front and rear bumper off would be highly appreciated.

Just pulled this off cargurus, assuming unsold cars will work.
KMHT36AH9KU001943

Unfortunately it doesn't give me different part #s even with that VIN... Might need to get someone in the US to check and see if it gives them different colour options.

Need a guide for removing these without breakage. On a similar note, seeing closeup pics of how all of the attachment clips look with the front and rear bumper off would be highly appreciated.

This is what I could bring up on the part system, I won't have access to the repair manual until tomorrow. It looks as though there's no listing for the side skirt inserts, it just gives a part # for the entire skirt, no separate trim.

front bumper trim.jpgrear bumper trim.jpgside skirt trim.jpg

Found someone that put red trim on a red VN. Sorry about the poor resolution, best I could do with what I had to work with. Looks good.

6AD9BB5E-AF93-4D10-B4BA-BB5CC7A27429.jpeg

Reactions: 1FastStagea
Some people like contrast; I prefer stealth. Any red VN owners that want to swap trim with black VN owners, speak up.

Just need someone to confirm how easy they are to remove.