• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Veloster N Rear and Upper Motor mount

Fantastic work mate, totally killer demo. Will give those keen on this upgrade the confidence and all the info they need to have a crack themselves. This is the sort of forum content that is of most value.
Thanks! Yea most definitely, just making these videos to hopefully help some people or at least guide some people! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask here or comment on the video I’ll be more than happy to reply and try to help :)

Reactions: GazmaN
Had you been using the boomba mount with the stock upper mount? If so, how much did the TurboTech mount increase the NVH? Thanks in advance!

Had you been using the boomba mount with the stock upper mount? If so, how much did the TurboTech mount increase the NVH? Thanks in advance!
Yea I was using the boomba RMM with the stock upper motor mount for about a month, honestly got less vibrations when I installed the upper motor mount but got more noise. I can hear the motor more when there’s no music playing or no noise inside the car. I like it a lot better with both mounts than just the RMM, it just makes the car feel more “raw”. Also doesn’t shake as much as it did with just the rear motor mount when taking off from first gear/reverse or letting the off the throttle while in a gear. It did add a bit more NVH but it’s nothing crazy and after a few hundred miles I got used to it and forget how the stock mounts felt. It’s definitely daily driveable (at least for me)

Reactions: newbtostandard
Yea I was using the boomba RMM with the stock upper motor mount for about a month, honestly got less vibrations when I installed the upper motor mount but got more noise. I can hear the motor more when there’s no music playing or no noise inside the car. I like it a lot better with both mounts than just the RMM, it just makes the car feel more “raw”. Also doesn’t shake as much as it did with just the rear motor mount when taking off from first gear/reverse or letting the off the throttle while in a gear. It did add a bit more NVH but it’s nothing crazy and after a few hundred miles I got used to it and forget how the stock mounts felt. It’s definitely daily driveable (at least for me)
Really appreciate the solid response. Looks like my next purchase will be the upper mount. I have been running the lower mount for the last 1k miles so I'm very excited to see if the upper resolves that shake you had described as that is what I'm feeling now

Really appreciate the solid response. Looks like my next purchase will be the upper mount. I have been running the lower mount for the last 1k miles so I'm very excited to see if the upper resolves that shake you had described as that is what I'm feeling now
Yea! Don’t get me wrong to me It doesn’t completely eliminate The shake but the upper motor mount definitely lessened it a lot for me :) I honestly don’t regret getting the upper motor mount and would 100% recommend it!

Reactions: newbtostandard