• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Veloster N Lower Side Skirt Clips - Please Help!

Nico N Tech

Jun 14, 2021
Dubai
Hi All,

Has anyone on here removed their side skirts and had to replace the clips ? They are super fragile and break.

I cant seem to find a part listing for the lower clips there are two different size clips on thew skirt 14 down the side and 7 underneath each skirt the side ones have a part number but for the life of me I cant find the lower ones.

If anyone has a part number and can help please reach out. Thanks

(the smaller clips are the available ones but the bigger ones are the ones i cant find)

Diagram

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 11.06.38 PM.png

Available Clips

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 11.06.57 PM.png

Pics of the actual clips

IMG_2279.JPGIMG_2280.JPG

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
I don't understand, there are three different clips and one self tapping screw. Which clip are you looking for?

If it's the 1336AB is part number: Hyundai 0A847-05000 SPRING NUT
I'm checking the shop manual!

Last edited:

Nico N Tech

Jun 14, 2021
Dubai
Ok Guys & Gal's,

I found a solution yay! 😃

So for anyone that ever needs to remove their side skirts and breaks the clips in the process like me (which is extremely likely) you will be sure to run into the same issue I did. Hyundai don’t list them as a serviceable part after, hours of research online and spending time at the Hyundai showroom parts department literally going through every diagram I thought I had hit a wall the parts manager said the only way he see's me getting them is by purchasing the whole side skirt (insane 😜right?) for a part that will break 9 out of 10 times I truly can’t understand Hyundai's logic.

The only clips listed are the 14 on each skirt that run the length of the skirt on the side (PN: 87756-F1000) which are much smaller and fall out of the mounts, the lower ones have absolutely no listing 🤦🏽‍♂️.

Just when I thought I had run out of options I thought I'd give KIA a go since they were literally next door, luckily the parts manager was super helpful and accommodating he let me rummage through their clip bins and low and behold what do you know ? KIA has the exact serviceable part (PN: 87758-D2000) 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

Below are some pics for reference of where they go.

BTW thank RVN for reaching out and trying to help.

IMG_2297.JPG

IMG_2298.JPG

IMG_2299.jpg

Reactions: Mr. N and GazmaN